Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012
Boy. Finished episode 6 of season 2 at this point, and this already feels like a casualty of Disney buying Hulu. Not terrible or anything, but just okay.

Maybe it takes a sharp turn toward the retarded/hyper-violent/campy-'80s soon? Like in the next episode or two? Please? I mean, episode 7 of season 1 was when we got the JCC. I'd like more of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012

Mameluke posted:

The third season could really go anywhere. The Time Warriors as extradimensional mega-genociders has been commented on, but we don't really have any reason to trust Susan or anything he says. I mean, they weren't even in prison, they'd been shanghaied into a death race sponsored by a pad company. For all we know that could just be the method he chose to ensure these contestants would work well as a team.

edit: Also, what was up with Kristen Schaal showing up for like five seconds? Was something cut?

Considering that Tiger never even gets visibly pregnant (I assume I'm not the only one who caught that from the trailer), it seems like more than just Kristen Schaal got cut.

In theory the third season could go anywhere, but it's probably going to have to at least get out of their Hunger Games parody dead end first before they can do something anywhere near as entertaining as season one. Personally, what I'd really love to see is just an acknowledgement that the Hunger Games universe is stupid and set up to fail with Tiger and Wolf and Josh easily fighting through the Hunger Games game and a random (cheap) bunker to get the TTD back over the course of like one to three episodes, and then those fuckers spend the rest of the season time traveling again, maybe garotting some of those Doctor Who LARPer dipshits for fun. Screw the future, dystopia turned out to be pretty boring compared to gay beach volleyball.

Side note: the second half of season 2 was clearly better than the first half, but I'd maintain that it only ever gets to 'good but not great' as compared to the higher points of season 1. YMMV depending on how heavily invested you are in '80s and '90s culture versus identity politics and tween novels.

teamcharlie fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 15, 2019