Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Andy :cry:

We've had our first 10 point deciding tie break between Boulter and Makarova. Boulter won 10-6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I've been enjoying the Oz tennis drama. Tomic is a wanker, but he does have a point about Hewitt and the things said should be investigated.

Hewitt whined how other Oz players aren't getting attention thanks to Tomic and then does a press conference and says Tomic threatened to kill my family and is blackmailed me and wahhhh.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The Sharapova/Woz match was pretty good yesterday. Indoor conditions helped Sharapova's poo poo serve and Woz didn't attack enough.

Amoeba102 posted:

Why isn't the take "why the hell is there betting on exhibition matches?"

Because as long as some fuckwit wants to bet on it bookies will offer it. Those sort of matches are bad to bet on anyway and usually some other proper tennis match going on at the same time.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Zverev losing was great. A bit shocking how he couldn't cope with the slices to his bh.

Svitolina went through, maybe she can do something at a slam for once.

The matches I've seen have been great so far.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Svitolina predictably melted.

Right now Serena isn't serving or returning well enough to turn it round against the good Pliskova.

e: and Pliskova immediately gets broken back. pfffft.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Hoping Petra smacks down Collins.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Serena’s injury seems extremely relevant context tbh

That was caused by Pliskova wrong footing her.