Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

One of Djoker/Fed/Nadal will win. If Djoker/Fed win, they will overtake Roy Emerson with the most Aussie Open titles with whom they are currently tied. If Nadal wins, he will be the only player in the Open Era to win 2 career slams. Murray is retiring after Wimbledon.

On the women's side, Serena is still the favorite, Naomi Osaka looks to confirm her US Open victory over Serena, and Elina Svitolina, now with a Tour Finals title, will try not to choke in a major (spoiler: she will).

https://ausopen.com/

The first slam of the year begins on Monday, January 14 and ends on Sunday, January 27. Subtract 16 hours for U.S. Eastern Time.

TV coverage starts at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2 on opening day but 9 p.m. thereafter due to college basketball. Fortunately, you can watch full tournament coverage when it starts at 7 p.m. every day at http://www.watchespn.com. The AO website and app also offer radio streams which are very good.

Draws

Top 8 Men's Betting Favorites
Novak Djokovic 6/5
Roger Federer 9/2
Rafael Nadal 9/1
Alexander Zverev 10/1
Karen Khachanov 25/1
Kei Nishikori 25/1
Kevin Anderson 25/1
Marin Cilic 25/1

Top 8 Women's Betting Favorites
Serena Williams 9/2
Angelique Kerber 15/2
Aryna Sabalenka 11/1
Naomi Osaka 12/1
Elina Svitolina 14/1
Ashleigh Barty 16/1
Karolina Pliskova 16/1
Petra Kvitová 16/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

2 hours till the first ball. Not anything too interesting in the first set of matches. Sharapova opening on Laver though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I fell asleep during the 4th set of Murray's match :smith:

Also I totally should've put :20bux: on Serena at 9/2 :smithicide:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

None of today’s matches are appealing to me. Tennis is dead.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Part of me wants Serena to win just so she can lose to Osaka again.

But I’d rather not take the chance and just have Pliskova beat her.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is already better than any final Serena has been in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The era of Fedal is over. We now exist in the Novak zone.