Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I will miss Murray. I wish he had won one of those AO finals. :sigh: And during the offseason Aga Radwanska retired as well because of a persistent foot injury so that's now two of my favorites gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Sodium Chloride posted:

Andy :cry:

We've had our first 10 point deciding tie break between Boulter and Makarova. Boulter won 10-6.

I totally forgot about that. Every major uses a different system now. I guess the French being the only one to not have a tiebreak makes it slightly better, and yet it's still the worst one.

Crowd going wild every time Andy wins a point is nice.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

This Federer/Tsitsipas match is real good. A lot of resilience on both sides.

Also happy that Kvitova is into the quarterfinals. I haven't been able to see enough of her this tournament to know if this is proper God Mode Petra or not, but I'm allowing myself to be hopeful. Actually whoever comes out of the Kvitova/Barty match winning the whole thing would be great in general.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Nah, I think the umpire made the right decision cause the linesman's call came exactly as Nishikori's racket connected with the ball, not before. It didn't affect his play at all and Carreno Busta was miles away. The umpire did make a mistake in allowing him to challenge, though, since there was no reason to go to hawkeye if Kei was getting the point either way.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I like the lineup for the men's semifinals. On paper any combination could make a good final but probably for the best if it's either Nadal/Djokovic or Pouille/Tsitsipas just cause an ATG vs a new finalist is the most likely combo to be a dud.

And I really hope Petra wins the whole thing on the women's side.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Petra's playing a lot better in this second set than in the first. I guess the roof getting closed might have helped cause she sometimes struggles in the heat.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I really want Petra to win and I'm nervous about it despite her excellent record in finals. :ohdear:

Osaka's second serve looks like a weakness so far.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Osaka is so resilient, and this isn't Petra's best sadly. If she has to lose this I'm at least glad it's to someone so likeable.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Well goddamn. I did not expect such a meltdown from Osaka. She's been nerveless until now.

edit: Petra please engage god mode in the third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Osaka was better and deserved the win, and in general continues to impress. Petra went deep in a major again and that's awesome. I'm bummed a little but oh well.