Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Update thread title, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the chiefs are 3 point favorites

easy money to bet against that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots turned in by far their best performance of the season when it matters most.

Hell of a game, Edelman's best, Brady's best, the offensive line was just sublime today.

Defense was blitzing all day, getting pressure and smothering receivers in man coverage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Send the chargers to the mountain west

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Amazing performance

Next week will be the first time since 2014 where I will go into a game thinking that the Pats will lose.

We’ve been blessed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I am ready for the Andy Reid Playoff Experience

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Amazing performance

Next week will be the first time since 2014 where I will go into a game thinking that the Pats will lose.

We’ve been blessed.

Yeah this team isn’t the best they’ve put together if they only kept the afccg streak alive that’s an ok result. Was sort of worried they wouldn’t.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Well that sucked :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What a season.

It hurts right now because this game was awful on both sides of the ball, but I'm gonna focus on the positives and the bigger picture.

Philip Rivers is still a great quarterback. He faded a bit down the stretch this year, but I'd say a lot of that is because of the teams he played down the stretch. Baltimore twice, Denver's pass rush, KC's pass rush, etc. His arm is still fine, he can still make all the throws he needs to make, and he's healthy. There's no reason for the Chargers to waste a high draft pick on a quarterback this offseason. It's still Rivers' team.

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are a fantastic WR duo. They both do different things and do them well. I was bullish on the Williams pick his rookie year, but he really blossomed this year and I think he's just going to get better. Tyrell Williams.... I'm not sure about his future here. I'd like to keep him if the price is right.

I was wrong about Melvin Gordon. He's a really good player and the team finally used him correctly this season for the most part. Getting him going on the outside with sweeps, pitches, and screens, as well as the passing game. Austin Ekeler was a breath of fresh air and I really like Justin Jackson too.

It was a lost year for Hunter Henry, but he'll be back to full strength next year and Virgil Greene made some plays this season too. I do think we've seen the last of Antonio Gates, and it really should be. He's not the player he used to be and I think he'll be missed in the locker room. I'm glad Rivers was able to get him a touchdown today.

The offensive line..... Boy. They started off the year so well. Pouncey was one of the best free agent pickups in the league last offseason. Okung was fine, but we released Joe Barksdale midway through the year because of personal reasons. Dan Feeney struggled at LG and Michael Scofield and Sam Tevi struggled at RG and RT. Their struggles coincided with Rivers' decline late in the year, so they're definitely connected. I'd like to see Feeney moved to RG and Forrest Lamp slot in at LG. Offensive line should be a priority in the draft in april.

Defense was a mixed bag. Bosa missed most of the season and the pass rush struggled. Once he came back, the unit picked up where it left off last year, so he's a key there. Melvin Ingram had a quiet year, but he's still great. The interior of the DL could use some help. Mebane is getting up there in age and I think the Corey Liuget experience is about over. Linebackers, we definitely need some help. Once Perryman was lost for the year, we had no presence at linebacker at all. We had to move up converted safeties like Adrian Phillips and Jahleel Addae to fill that hole, and we saw how that backfired today against New England.

Speaking of Addae, get off my team. Seriously. He's the worst.

The rest of the secondary? Hayward and Derwin James are fine. Desmond King is a great nickel corner and Adrian Phillips is a great hybrid player. We need some help at the 2nd CB spot since we cannot rely on Jason Verrett to ever be healthy.

And that brings me to coaching. Defense with Gus Bradley? You're fine, keep doing what you're doing. Offense with Ken Whisenhunt.... I could stand to see a change there. Whis' offensive gameplans confuse me sometimes which lead to really slow starts. It takes a lot of halftime adjustments to look better, which, granted, happened a lot this year. But we can't waste Rivers' last couple of years.

Anthony Lynn. I like him. I like him a LOT.

This was a GREAT season. Any season where you go 12-4 and win a playoff game is successful, unless you're a Patriots fan. We got to see two amazing come from behind wins at Pittsburgh and at Kansas City. We finally snapped the KC losing streak. We won at Seattle. We played probably our most complete game in the last five or six years at Cleveland. We were 4-1 in 10am PST or earlier starts and debunked that stupid myth. WE FOUND A KICKER. This loss was disappointing but the team is young at all the right positions (except QB) and should be a contender next year and in 2020, as long as Rivers is healthy.

It was a great year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
They do really need to address LB and the right side of their o-line in the draft this year, I think. 7 DB packages work as a changeup but if you're running them full time, you're begging to get run over, which is a lot of what Michel was doing when Brady wasn't murdering the zone coverage. I don't think Perryman is back next year because of his injury issues, and frankly Emmanuel isn't a good player. Jatavis is so up and down (and hurt) that i'd want someone with more consistency at WLB.

Tevi and Schofield were good stop-gaps but I think the Pats pushing them around constantly proves they were just that, I think. I don't think Lamp is ever gonna see the field for this team, so they need to pick up another guard and possibly a RT when they can do so. Feeney wasn't exactly great during the second half of the season, but I think he can put it back together.

Overall the ending of this season really sucked (and what the gently caress was that soft zone stuff Gus), but overall I can't really be that upset since this is like, the first time they've been somewhat worth a poo poo in 9 years and they were still more competitive at their worst than the best of the McCoy teams. They need to make a few necessary tweaks but it isn't anything daunting.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Chargers will never know what it is like to have a dick as big as this, Big Dick Nick's.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nick's dick shrank 3 sizes today

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Well, that's one strike. Two chances to go. Next week is basically no chance. The Rams cannot win at the superdome.

Just have a feeling this was it. This was the chance to knock them out. Now it's gone. And so is my team's legacy for the moment.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's all up to the Rams and Chiefs.

Good luck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
tminus to edp being happy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good show Eagles.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I literally got in and unpacked everybody's poo poo to turn on the TV and see the last kneel

Having a family is overrated gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Foles gonna take the Jags to the Superbowl

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
drat, I didn't really expect the Eagles to beat NO coming into this game, but the first half got my hopes up enough for them to be crushed later on. Can't complain about the season, and at least we put up the best fight of all the losers this weekend. Kind of sucks that it's all 1 and 2 seeds going to the championship round, but whatever. Go Chiefs I guess, get the fatman the ring he never got with us.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kawalimus posted:

Well, that's one strike. Two chances to go. Next week is basically no chance. The Rams cannot win at the superdome.

Just have a feeling this was it. This was the chance to knock them out. Now it's gone. And so is my team's legacy for the moment.

:qq:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kawalimus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOnbhl906s

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kawalimus posted:

Why do you hate the saints so much

they play the ravens once every 4 years

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Isn’t Kawalimus a Ravens fan? What is his preoccupation with whether teams that aren’t his team (Redskins, Saints etc.) win or lose? Is it an autism thing?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GeneX posted:

Well you see the Ravens are 2-0 in

*gets gang-tackled by TFF posters*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Carson Wentz is so secretly happy about this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I know I shouldn’t be mad after the season the Eagles had but gently caress man they really had a chance to pull this off and just shat their pants.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that the saints have won, the ravens will leave nothing behind when they die. No one will remember

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
WHO DAT!!!!!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good game Eagles.

The Saints/Rams game is going to cause so many heart attacks.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
This is the real reason why the Eagles lost: https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/01/for-saints-vs-eagles-showdown-governors-get-sweet-with-their-bets.html

No one wants your nasty-rear end mass produced garbage.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Good game Eagles.

The Saints/Rams game is going to cause so many heart attacks.

The Rams are going to be obliterated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad I slept theough that because that would have been a heart attack to watch. What the hell kind of game is that jesus

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Mahomes will be a national hero if he stops this dumb Patriots thing. Really wanted it to be the Chargers and Chiefs. Poor Rivers.

Late but this is pretty much what I came to post anyway

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Zwabu posted:

Isn’t Kawalimus a Ravens fan? What is his preoccupation with whether teams that aren’t his team (Redskins, Saints etc.) win or lose? Is it an autism thing?

Yes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GeneX posted:

He wants the Ravens to be the only 2-0 Superbowl team as if the Niners haven't already done it and more

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Im glad I slept theough that because that would have been a heart attack to watch. What the hell kind of game is that jesus

how... just how

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m sorry we let you down Kawalimus

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i dont seeing the rams beating the saints tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kawalimus posted:

The Rams are going to be obliterated.

You said the Chargers were going to be in the Super Bowl.

That was DURING the Chargers game.