Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'll be honest I thought the Chargers were going to crush the Pats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

He wants the Ravens to be the only 2-0 Superbowl team as if the Niners haven't already done it and more

Can a mod please give Kawalimus this or something like (I ONLY ROOT AGAINST THE SAINTS SO MY RAVENS STAY UNDEFEATED IN MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS) as added text to his avatar so we don't have to answer the question every GDT?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Intruder posted:

He wants the Ravens to be the only 2-0 Superbowl team as if the Niners haven't already done it and more

He wants the Ravens to be the only team that has both A) not lost a Superbowl and B) gone to multiple Superbowls. It's a dumb 'record' no one else on the planet gives single poo poo about and it's really hard not to root for the Saints so he'll shut the gently caress up about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I thought the Chargers were a better team who had been playing better the last month, but Belichick and Brady at Foxborough is some dark magic poo poo.

So I thought they'd like squeak it out somehow, not eat their souls.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

Can a mod please give Kawalimus this or something like (I ONLY ROOT AGAINST THE SAINTS SO MY RAVENS STAY UNDEFEATED IN MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS) as added text to his avatar so we don't have to answer the question every GDT?

:10bux: can make your dream come true.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Intruder posted:

The Ravens ended that themselves, so it nullifies that. We don't have to catch that. Only the Packers in the NFC.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

:10bux: can make your dream come true.

Nah, if I'd ever change an avatar, it would probably be one of us in the NFCS thread.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Silly Burrito posted:

how... just how

He moved to Japan. It was 6:40 AM when the game started.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/msmayhemfamous/status/1084615105504034816

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Intruder posted:

I did too, OP, but once halftime hit I realized I didn't know how it could have gone any other way

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stop being obsessed with my roommate Kawalimus to the point of hanging on all of his posts and acting like he shoves them onto you. the only time he brings up the repeated things are due to being asked. Punish those who ask, if anyone.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'll take this Eagles season. I swear, I was calling it over every week halfway through the season. It's all been gravy since Foles took over. I think the team performed pretty well given the post-Super Bowl brain drain loss of Reich and the comically depleted secondary. It doesn't hurt I wouldn't mind seeing 3/4 remaining teams win the Super Bowl. I just hope Brooks (and Cox) are going to be okay.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens ended that themselves, so it nullifies that. We don't have to catch that. Only the Packers in the NFC.

I'm sorry I missed this bit of sophistry before

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I heard someone boast they were going to beat them Saints, but I am unclear about the provenance of the claim

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cpranger posted:

He moved to Japan. It was 6:40 AM when the game started.

Ah, I get it now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

yeah, as a Pats fan, utterly shithousing the Chargers was dead last on my list of probable outcomes.

Not at all looking forward to going to Arrowhead next week, even though they did (barely) beat the Chiefs once already. Can't believe the only reason the Pats missed the 1 seed is the loving Miami Miracle lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I also slep way later than planned. Thought Id get up around 8am here to catch the second half and it just didnt happen. I will live on through the box score and sighing because its not like anybody who works in my office gives a single gently caress about gridiron or knows why philadelphia sucks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Different team and all that but man what would’ve happened last year if the Minneapolis Miracle did not happen?

Ah well, stay in the present and focus on the Rams and CJ Anderson.

Words I never thought I’d type but man someone lit a fire under that man’s rear end.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

I thought the Chargers were a better team who had been playing better the last month, but Belichick and Brady at Foxborough is some dark magic poo poo.

So I thought they'd like squeak it out somehow, not eat their souls.

They are.

Sometimes good teams just have bad games.

This was just a bad time to have the bad game.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
CJ Anderson’s resurrection is the most random loving thing

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Anderson looks like he weighs 255 and is behind what I think FO has graded as their best run-blocking o-line ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eagles G Brandin Brooks did rupture his achilles btw.

Average length of time to return from that for an NFL player is apparently 11 months, meaning he'll likely be out most of next season.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keith Atherton posted:

CJ Anderson’s resurrection is the most random loving thing

That fat dude is cool.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Average length of time to return from that for an NFL player is apparently 11 months, meaning he'll likely be out most of next season.

Rankins hasn't had his confirmed by MRI but this is what is expected as well.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

drat that really sucks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1084633217901027328?s=19

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

Stop being obsessed with my roommate Kawalimus to the point of hanging on all of his posts and acting like he shoves them onto you. the only time he brings up the repeated things are due to being asked. Punish those who ask, if anyone.

Will do, as long as you never get in an elevator with your "roommate" agian.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that is a legit mullet

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1084645335782150144?s=20

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"drat, that sucks for that city" - Los Angeles resident on the Chargers' loss

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I was at the game and I've don't think I've seen a human being as angry and red faced as Philip Rivers was today.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Same, I'm still shocked, they just didn't show up at all. When the Chargers beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead I picked them to make it to the Super Bowl and possibly even beat the Saints.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The Chargers put 28 points on the Pats as the visiting team, which isn't bad. Pity that the Pats' offense took a bunch of stem cell smoothies right before the game and one-upped them.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1084651670368333828

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

LLCoolJD posted:

The Chargers put 28 points on the Pats as the visiting team, which isn't bad. Pity that the Pats' offense took a bunch of stem cell smoothies right before the game and one-upped them.

The chargers put 7 points on the Pats and the Pats let em have the rest. The score doesnt reflect how badly the Chargers were trounced.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

LLCoolJD posted:

Seriously dude. Garbage time is a thing. The chargers got pasted.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
Why would you eat gator there when they probably make the worlds best oyster dish?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dodadoodoo posted:

Why would you eat gator there when they probably make the worlds best oyster dish?

You eat both, and also other things.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I don't understand how people can get tired of Kaliwamus' weird fan shtick. It's great, and it makes me happy every time he roots for some random team to fail so that the Raven's remain the only team to have won 17 games under a gibbous moon or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

LLCoolJD posted:

The Patriots had as many touchdowns as the Chargers had first downs at the end of the first half, dude. The Chargers got mollywhopped.