Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Patrick Spens posted:

I don't understand how people can get tired of Kaliwamus' weird fan shtick. It's great, and it makes me happy every time he roots for some random team to fail so that the Raven's remain the only team to have won 17 games under a gibbous moon or whatever.

Hasn't it just been the same Saints super bowl thing literally all year? Yawnzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's he gonna do when the Saints win the Super Bowl?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

The Patriots had as many touchdowns as the Chargers had first downs at the end of the first half, dude. The Chargers got mollywhopped.

Patriots scored as many points in their first 4 drives

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Hindsight 2020 but beating the Ravens college offense last week didn't exactly make me think they were going to favorites in Gillette. Some CBS idiot also said "weather won't be a factor" bullshit, just because it's not wet or windy doesn't mean it's easy to play in 25°.

The three safety look worked against a running QB but not against a committed power attack. Edelman with a week off looked like he could get open at will.

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 14, 2019

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

I don't understand how people can get tired of Kaliwamus' weird fan shtick. It's great, and it makes me happy every time he roots for some random team to fail so that the Raven's remain the only team to have won 17 games under a gibbous moon or whatever.

Tbh I agree. As a Steeler fan I often come across Kaliwamus' opinions and his fandom is definitely unique and AT TIMES enjoyable. IMO he's at his worst being insanely overly critical of the Ravens in a devils advocate kind of way(which is what I think upsets most people), and at his best rooting for them in strange, obsessive ways.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Tbh I agree. As a Steeler fan I often come across Kaliwamus' opinions and his fandom is definitely unique and AT TIMES enjoyable. IMO he's at his worst being insanely overly critical of the Ravens in a devils advocate kind of way(which is what I think upsets most people), and at his best rooting for them in strange, obsessive ways.

Here’s a thought: he’s not worth discussing at all as he has nothing interesting to say.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

sponges posted:

Here’s a thought: he’s not worth discussing at all as he has nothing interesting to say.

Thought about that too but went ahead with it anyway.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Playoff posters do not understand garbage time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Neither do Falcons posters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A.o.D. posted:

Neither do Falcons posters.

Nice.

28-3.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

The Chargers put 28 points on the Pats as the visiting team, which isn't bad. Pity that the Pats' offense took a bunch of stem cell smoothies right before the game and one-upped them.

To put this game in context, the last time they shithoused a team so much in the first half was Tebow and the Broncos.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I was at the game and I've don't think I've seen a human being as angry and red faced as Philip Rivers was today.

His wife told him that he is getting a vasectomy if he lost the game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

LLCoolJD posted:

The Chargers put 28 points on the Pats as the visiting team, which isn't bad. Pity that the Pats' offense took a bunch of stem cell smoothies right before the game and one-upped them.
hello blake bortles

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

PostNouveau posted:

What's he gonna do when the Saints win the Super Bowl?

I don't know honestly, if we lose this we're pretty much screwed. We do have the 2000 points allowed record but I don't hold that in especially high regard because of the quality of opponents. The 970 yards rushing though maybe.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When was the last time we had both championship games feature the 1 and 2 seeds?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

When was the last time we had both championship games feature the 1 and 2 seeds?

I believe 2015.

Patriots - Broncos

Cardinals - Panthers.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

3 years ago.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I really have no idea how the Rams/Saints game is going to shake out. The Rams are tough but haven’t been super killers of late and while the Saints are good they only put up 20 points against an Eagles defense with something named Josh Hawkins.

I think both of those teams are going to lose to whoever wins the AFC championship.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I can't believe we were dumb enough to believe in the Chargers.

I figured the chance the Chargers could win against the Patriots at Foxborough was like 15%. Glad I skipped the live game because drat, that was ugly

FizFashizzle posted:

i can't imagine this rams team beating the saints next week if it comes to that.

Meh they barely even uncorked the pass game against Dallas because it wasn't necessary. When they did pass there were getting significant gains almost every time. If they have trouble running the ball against the Saints, which may or may not happen, Goff can totally threaten the secondary. I think the O line matches up well to the Saints as well, so we may see Goff throwing from a clean pocket where he's at his best It could definitely happen, the Saints did not look like worldbeaters yesterday and the Rams have scored 129 points in the last three games so the offense is hot. I favor the Saints because it's in N.O. but the Rams are talented enough to put up a fight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mahomes is going to rip Brady's soul out of his body, swallow it, and become the terror of the AFC until 2035.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

I believe 2015.

Patriots - Broncos

Cardinals - Panthers.

i completely forgot we were a 1 seed at some point in time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mahomes is going to rip Brady's soul out of his body, swallow it, and become the terror of the AFC until 2035.

Says increasingly nervous man for the 9th straight year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Says increasingly nervous man for the 9th straight year.

Mahomes has apparently been gunning for Brady since he was a freshman in high school according to this.

Hell, he might have been for all I know.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JPrime posted:

i completely forgot we were a 1 seed at some point in time.

Cardinals were 2 that year and got destroyed in Charlotte. They were the first (only?) 4th seed to host the championship back in 2009 though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Aren't all high school QBs gunning for Brady? I hate the bastard but he's sort of the apex comparison point for football success.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Power of Pecota posted:

Hasn't it just been the same Saints super bowl thing literally all year? Yawnzo

Sorry. I'll work on my act this offseason. Maybe I'll get into snakes to add to the bird stuff. :D

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

I would be more nervous about a young couch doing this to Belichick.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

You're thinking of Shang Tsung my guy. Easy thing to mix up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hunt11 posted:

I would be more nervous about a young couch doing this to Belichick.

I know this is a typo but I like to imagine this scenario playing out.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Some kind of ottoman invasion?

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
he meant tim couch jr i think

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if the Rams lose against the Saints team we saw yesterday it'll be because Goff and/or McVay choked bigtime

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

if the Rams lose against the Saints team we saw yesterday it'll be because Goff and/or McVay choked bigtime

if the Saints lose against the Rams team we saw yesterday it'll be because Brees and/or Payton choked bigtime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Rams looked really good yesterday though? against a better opponent?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If the Saint lose it’s because their D finally played to their level.

Bree’s and co haven’t looked great in weeks, though they still should feast on the Rams secondary

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

If the Saint lose it’s because their D finally played to their level.

Bree’s and co haven’t looked great in weeks, though they still should feast on the Rams secondary

they didn't feast on the Eagles' secondary which in the second half had a practice squad guy taking serious snaps. our pass rush may be better than the Rams but they've got legit corners at least

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

they didn't feast on the Eagles' secondary which in the second half had a practice squad guy taking serious snaps. our pass rush may be better than the Rams but they've got legit corners at least

Michael Thomas had 170 yards. Brees had 300 and completed 73% of his passes. It wasn’t a blowout like the first game, but that was never sustainable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Michael Thomas had 170 yards. Brees had 300 and completed 73% of his passes. It wasn’t a blowout like the first game, but that was never sustainable.

Yeah the Saints absolutely tore apart the second half Eagles D but hoping your opponents just die isn’t very sustainable.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah the Saints absolutely tore apart the second half Eagles D but hoping your opponents just die isn’t very sustainable.

I dunno, it’s worked alright for most of the year.

Really the hope is that the Saints can run the ball on the Rams surprisingly poor run defense so that they don’t have to have Brees drop back 40 times while they try to block Aaron Donald.

That and getting pressure on Goff and not giving him time to go through his reads.

The Eagles aren’t a great team but they did beat the Rams not that long ago in LA and beat the Bears in Chicago. They had some late season mojo and I’m just glad the Saints pulled out the win, even if it was ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I dunno, it’s worked alright for most of the year.

Really the hope is that the Saints can run the ball on the Rams surprisingly poor run defense so that they don’t have to have Brees drop back 40 times while they try to block Aaron Donald.

That and getting pressure on Goff and not giving him time to go through his reads.

The Eagles aren’t a great team but they did beat the Rams not that long ago in LA and beat the Bears in Chicago. They had some late season mojo and I’m just glad the Saints pulled out the win, even if it was ugly.

I mean I think y’all win more because your D is playing much better than they should and if they continue to do that you should be fine.

But after the Pats game who knows what can happen.