Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Well that sucked :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
They do really need to address LB and the right side of their o-line in the draft this year, I think. 7 DB packages work as a changeup but if you're running them full time, you're begging to get run over, which is a lot of what Michel was doing when Brady wasn't murdering the zone coverage. I don't think Perryman is back next year because of his injury issues, and frankly Emmanuel isn't a good player. Jatavis is so up and down (and hurt) that i'd want someone with more consistency at WLB.

Tevi and Schofield were good stop-gaps but I think the Pats pushing them around constantly proves they were just that, I think. I don't think Lamp is ever gonna see the field for this team, so they need to pick up another guard and possibly a RT when they can do so. Feeney wasn't exactly great during the second half of the season, but I think he can put it back together.

Overall the ending of this season really sucked (and what the gently caress was that soft zone stuff Gus), but overall I can't really be that upset since this is like, the first time they've been somewhat worth a poo poo in 9 years and they were still more competitive at their worst than the best of the McCoy teams. They need to make a few necessary tweaks but it isn't anything daunting.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Zwabu posted:

Isn’t Kawalimus a Ravens fan? What is his preoccupation with whether teams that aren’t his team (Redskins, Saints etc.) win or lose? Is it an autism thing?

Yes

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why the Chargers didn't just run Cover 0 and just bring 5 or 6 guys a play

a neat cape posted:

Gus Bradley never blitzes

Also blitzing Brady is as much of a death sentence as playing soft zone is on him. the only way to really beat the Patriots is a dominant pass rush and a secondary who presses and beats the poo poo out of their receivers on the LOS.