Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Patriots haven't won an AFC title game outside of Foxborough since 2004, back when they were in full-on cheatmode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Phobeste posted:

Imagine a milquetoast league where every year one of a scattershot collection of mediocre crabs would get to the top of the bucket and be lionized before promptly disappearing again while leaving no lasting legacy oh wait that’s the NFC. Much better to be able to say you succeeded or failed against the best the sport has ever had to offer

The Giants, Packers and Steelers would still be the dominant teams, OP

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

None of those teams have been dominant since computers became commercialized lmao

You are mistaken. No team but the Patriots have more SB appearances than the Steelers since Y2k. The Giants have won 4 SBs since the Mac was introduced, And the Packers have had 25 years of HoF QB play.

You can keep sucking Patriots dick tho, since your team is always bad

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

Being good enough a couple years is not dominant. Being dominant is being absolutely better than everyone. You put that team against anyone and think yeah they will probably win. Any loss to a dominant team causes question to if their run is done. No one has thought either of those things about the steeler giants or packers in a long time

I think you're confusing dominant with dynasty.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

You can't be dominant if you don't have a dynasty

Sure, change the semantics of your argument

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

How have they changed? Being good enough to climb the mountain every now then is not dominant. To be dominant you have to constantly do it till people are shocked that someone else did.

If that were true, more than 5 teams would have represented the AFC since the turn of the Century

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

sean10mm posted:

The real cheaters are the people who cheated themselves... out of the joy of rooting for the greatest NFL franchise in living memory. All those years wasted bitterly wailing and gnashing your teeth, when you could have just chosen to root for the organization that wasn't bitchmade all the time like everyone else.

Makes you think. :chord:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/Pittsburgh_Dad/status/1090657069873725440?s=19