Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The NFL is scripted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the nfl is absolutely scripted

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the script is really bad except the parts about the bengals

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Script so far is pretty mediocre

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

the NFL is scripted - 2019 edition

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's a good script.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

It's a good script.

:hmmyes:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
code:
usr/tater/sports $ python ./nfl.py > /dev/null

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Of course it's scripted, it's the only way the Patriots can get wins.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wow top seeds won

this fuckin league is scripted

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the P in AndrewP stands for Huge drat Penguin. The NFL is scripted.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, not every season can have the same highs and lows as any other season. At this point though, you gotta know the script writers are just saving the "Patriots Finally Implode" for a dire situation because the fanbase has become so comfortable with them as the recurring villain.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

AndrewP posted:

wow top seeds won

this fuckin league is scripted

They're top seeds because it's scripted for gently caress sakes

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I have read the script and the script says: 39-33 patriots in a 4th quarter comeback.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
folks I'm not saying there's a script, but there's a script

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Coolwhoami posted:

I have read the script and the script says: 39-33 patriots in a 4th quarter comeback.

Does Brady retire at the end?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OperaMouse posted:

Does Brady retire at the end?

Yes but due to declining ratings they clone him in season 60

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The script is a pile of trash if referees are any indication, goodness gracious

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Personally I think the NFL started going down hill when they gave Bill Belichick creative control over his character. Of course the guy is never going to lose if you keep letting him write his own story lines. It wasn't even that bad at first because it was fun to root against the Pats, but they totally jumped the shark with that whole Super Bowl comeback against the Falcons. At least the NFL made them drop the title to the Eagles last year. But lo, and behold look who is one game away from the main event yet again. Its been 8 freaking years in a row NFL how about giving some of the fun younger teams a chance to shine and develop?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Patriots are the HHH of the NFL, will give a really good storyline buildup, then inevitably make the cool underdog do the job to end the feud. Except last year when the Eagles went off script.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the NFL is literally scripted

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Rams are going to win the SB because the California have had the natural disaster angle this year so the NFL is going to give them a feel good factor of winning the SB like the Saints did after Katrina

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If the script has the Chiefs facing the Rams in the Super Bowl, I don't really care to be honest, OP.

Though Saints-Pats in Atlanta would have maximum Hell Year potential, so there's that, I suppose. The Star Trek equivalent would be, uh, Enterprise ending their series with a Riker holodeck episode, just maximum lovely to piss everyone off.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Probably Magic posted:

If the script has the Chiefs facing the Rams in the Super Bowl, I don't really care to be honest, OP.

Though Saints-Pats in Atlanta would have maximum Hell Year potential, so there's that, I suppose. The Star Trek equivalent would be, uh, Enterprise ending their series with a Riker holodeck episode, just maximum lovely to piss everyone off.

As if Riker would need help from an idiot like Archer!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
To go full Benny the Snake, Pats-Saints would be like when Stephanie Brown became the first female Robin and immediately got murdered. Von Miller is still Bane, I guess.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Bill Belichick is a Mary Sue

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Bill Belichick is a Mary Sue

Stephanie Meyer is NOT on the writing staff

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I have further script details: Belichick has had Gronk malinger his injuries after being extremely owned by the lions double covering him, and will unleash the beast tomorrow to finally put the nail in Bob Sutton’s coffin.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who had "ref misses blatantly obvious call that essentially costs team the game" on their script?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Who had "ref misses blatantly obvious call that essentially costs team the game" on their script?

I did but for the Pats.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Yep, that was totally PI

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Something something LA team in superbowl

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PrinceRandom posted:

Something something LA team in superbowl

The wrong LA team made it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The idea of goodell and other flunkies sitting in a dark room cackling as they plot out the next season of football is a lot more comforting to me than lol oops

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I've been asking them to let me write the script for years but they just won't let me.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

bullshit tehy dont you piece of poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wrestling is more real than football

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wrestling was never scripted john cena won those matches fair and square

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Chiefs comeback under a red moon is a little much guys