Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I take it back moon powered chiefs is way better than giving the pats bullshit calls yet again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Looks like my thread was premature. gently caress the Pats.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
the no-call was to set up a rams-pats superbowl, with the storyline being redemption for the 2002 superbowl and the ending of the GSOT era. the nfl is scripted

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i mean look at this poo poo

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
They didn’t show the coin after the flip. Was it really tails? Did they know it was going to be tails before the flip or just say it was whatever the pats called? I think it’s the latter.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

You could say that the results of both championship games were scripted, but what you end up with is a Pats Rams Superbowl with maroon loving 5 as the half time act so there's probably a hockey game or something that more people will end up watching.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ur in my world now posted:

the no-call was to set up a rams-pats superbowl, with the storyline being redemption for the 2002 superbowl and the ending of the GSOT era. the nfl is scripted

NFL also wanted to reward Kroenke for finally giving them a Los Angeles franchise again and validate moving the St. Louis Rams to LA by getting them to the SB, thanks I'll hang up and listen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the nfl is scripted

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ryan Reynolds is playing the part of Mr. Thomas Brady in the Super Bowl.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CannonFodder posted:

That the universe should misspend one mote of its grace and bounty on The Patriots is all the proof I need that the throne of the Lord sits empty

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

NFL also wanted to reward Kroenke for finally giving them a Los Angeles franchise again and validate moving the St. Louis Rams to LA by getting them to the SB, thanks I'll hang up and listen.

goodell is going to have the rams win the superbowl to increase ratings in LA. the nfl is scripted

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ever since the Saint of Killers smote God, he's had a real sick sense of humor

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
At least John Cena was likeable. The Pats though?

gently caress em.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the td was scripted but was the no call opi scripted or an ad lib moment? i want to credit the actors so i feel like it was off script but at least true to the spirit of the text

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the NFL needs better writers.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

indigi posted:

the NFL needs better writers.

same poo poo will happen as two seasons ago. they'll call it the "underdog comeback of the century." nfl writers don't understand what their viewers want and will wonder why even fewer people are watching this fall

UNLESS

they write that tom brady and the gronk both have career ending injuries in the first play of the super bowl

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The White Dragon posted:

they write that tom brady and the gronk both have career ending injuries in the first play of the super bowl

:monkey's paw curls up:

"And it looks like both Brady and Gronk have been injured on the first play of Super Bowl LXIX."

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
This script sucks loving balls.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The NFL is scripted like a Greek myth as interpreted by Bostonians.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shindragon posted:

At least John Cena was likeable. The Pats though?

gently caress em.

john cena loves the patriots

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

the NFL rules for making all these marks watch 2019 Maroon 5

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Zyla posted:

john cena loves the patriots

Well guess he ain't likeable anymore. So gently caress both you and him.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Scripted as gently caress!!!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
gotta give credit to the writers though, congrats to them on finding the one scenario where i would want the patriots to win

:magemage:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ur in my world now posted:

gotta give credit to the writers though, congrats to them on finding the one scenario where i would want the patriots to win

:magemage:

Wanna know why colon magemage colon is... that.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

CannonFodder posted:

Wanna know why colon magemage colon is... that.

i don't know either, took me a while to find it

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The White Dragon posted:

~Zzzzzzzziiiiiipppppp~

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Coolwhoami posted:

I have read the script and the script says: 39-33 patriots in a 4th quarter comeback.

I messed up the scores slightly, sorry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

This script sucks loving balls.

Ehhhh I don't know, a good story needs a good antagonist. Notorious cheater, health product scammer and known child molester Tom Brady fills that role to a T.

If this season is Return of the Jedi then the Rams will triumph. If it's The Empire Strikes Back then the Patriots win, setting up the climactic battle for next season when the Rams will redeem themselves in the third act. Either way, the Patriots are clearly the best choice when the writers are casting the bad guys.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Play posted:

Ehhhh I don't know, a good story needs a good antagonist. Notorious cheater, health product scammer and known child molester Tom Brady fills that role to a T.

If this season is Return of the Jedi then the Rams will triumph. If it's The Empire Strikes Back then the Patriots win, setting up the climactic battle for next season when the Rams will redeem themselves in the third act. Either way, the Patriots are clearly the best choice when the writers are casting the bad guys.

As long as the stadium they're playing in explodes at the end I'm good with that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Play posted:

This season is Triumph of the Will

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That makes the 2002 Super Bowl is Birth of a Nation/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

General Dog posted:

This season is Triumph of the Will

I think I'd prefer Downfall

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well poo poo, yet another sequel ends the same way.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The writers phoned it in this season.

"Hm... I guess... The Patriots win."

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

another satisfying season written into the books

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Zyla posted:

another satisfying season written into the books

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

iwentdoodie posted:

Wrestling is football taken to its logical conclusion

I'm picturing the end of the planet of the apes but instead of the statue of liberty it's wrestlemania

Edit - just realized this is a two week old post

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 4, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I love a happy ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Barudak posted:

Look, not every season can have the same highs and lows as any other season. At this point though, you gotta know the script writers are just saving the "Patriots Finally Implode" for a dire situation because the fanbase has become so comfortable with them as the recurring villain.

yah, the whole point of having heels is that everyone wants to see them get their comeuppance on the biggest stage of all after cheating and heeling their way to the big dance. And we're almost out of gormless idiot-boy Mannings and big-dicked backup fairytales to stop them.