Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victis posted:

Nah that's still birkenstocks

birkenstocks are the flat cap of shoes

they say to the world "gently caress it I look like poo poo might as well lean into it" which is actually kind of respectable, in a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

soy posted:

they are the fedora of shoes

imo they're the ultrabasic male shoe

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
what you wanna do is you wanna get a plastic grocery bag (throw all your poo poo in there) then let your hair get real unkempt get about 40 pounds overweight some real thick glasses and start breathing through your mouth and then you will be styling like a man

naem
May 29, 2011

you should carry an extremely military looking backpack and constantly say out loud “I was in the MILITARY”

it should have lots of M.O.L.L.E.™️ loops©️ and ADVANCED ACTION DAMPTH GROMITS and have the word TACTICAL printed in a no nonsense sans-serif font somewhere visible, and yet be just slightly too small to put like, a jacket in there

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Ballsack=scrote tote

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
just lol if your bag isn’t some clapped out designed for exactly one school year bullshit you found at the Goodwill bulk center where a pencil can just straight up fall out the bottom

Rickshaw Potrero for random bullshit

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Who What Now posted:

Men should carry whatever the gently caress they want.

And quit obsessing over if it makes them look "manly" or not. For God's sake

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Pththya-lyi posted:

And quit obsessing over if it makes them look "manly" or not. For God's sake

i’m sure your tote bag screams “i’ll considerately gently caress you until the cheap sugar high from my Luna bar runs out after 2 minutes”

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

naem posted:

you should carry an extremely military looking backpack and constantly say out loud “I was in the MILITARY”

it should have lots of M.O.L.L.E.™️ loops©️ and ADVANCED ACTION DAMPTH GROMITS and have the word TACTICAL printed in a no nonsense sans-serif font somewhere visible, and yet be just slightly too small to put like, a jacket in there

I have a million of these that I didn't even pay for and are fairly decent so I don't throw them out but I don't really use any of them.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bobcats posted:

i’m sure your tote bag screams “i’ll considerately gently caress you until the cheap sugar high from my Luna bar runs out after 2 minutes”

tell me what your jansport says to the world, what statement are you trying to make with it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesar Saladin posted:

tell me what your jansport says to the world, what statement are you trying to make with it

That you got poo poo you gotta take with you that’s too big to fit into your pockets? :thunk:

Thread should be “should skirts and dresses have pockets?” imho :thunkher:

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

tote bag = cuck

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Caesar Saladin posted:

dude you got me

*pens and pencils fall out Sonic style*

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pivotal Lever posted:

Just get a Filson Medium Field Bag. I got mine for $90, but that price may not be an option unless you live near one of two Filson outlet stores (Seattle and MPLS/St Paul), which I do. It’s still worth the $300 retail price tho, IME.

$300 for a drat bag? does it suck my dick as well or what?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
got a pug in a tote bag with a picture of a pug on it feeling masculine

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lambert posted:

And then everybody stood up and clapped.
yeah that could never happen to anyone :rolleyes:
oh to be young and incel

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You going to the beach with that bag? That's ok but try keep the sand out of your vagina.

Carrying your pet anaconda to the vet? That's manly AF.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I just use my pockets op

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also, that's a loving purse.

Yep this, don't be this guy unless you go full hipster douche with a handle bar mustach tight jeans and a fadora.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

serious norman posted:

I just use my pockets op

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is that what they call man purses now?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Clark2 posted:

tote bag = cuck

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Bobcats posted:

I guess that'd be a pretty sick burn if I were a man who gave a poo poo about masculine posturing

Or even a man, period

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
yell 'That's my tote! I don't know you!'

Then kick yourself in the balls

Everyone will be very impressed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That you got poo poo you gotta take with you that’s too big to fit into your pockets? :thunk:

yeah idk why women's clothes don't have pockets

I mean, I do, but it's stupid

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yes, always yes

I know cramming a bunch of bulky poo poo in a pocket spoils the line of the garment or whatever, but if you're the kind of person who worries about that you can just...not put bulky poo poo in your pocket?

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

lol but seriously I posted:

what you wanna do is you wanna get a plastic grocery bag (throw all your poo poo in there) then let your hair get real unkempt get about 40 pounds overweight some real thick glasses and start breathing through your mouth and then you will be styling like a man

Glad I am ahead of the fashion game

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I feel like the whole 'WOMEN PANTS POCKETS' thing is such a fad. I see folks bitching about it everywhere but it's like we HAVE purses for wallets and phones and poo poo which is way better than pockets imo. Although if you wanna have a lumpy wallet rear end and sit on your phone then more power to you.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I like this Filson tote bag because it's heavy and durable and tough but then again it's a tote bag and tote bags are terrible. The handles are too long to carry like a briefcase and the handles are too short to be carried on the shoulder like a purse. Who carries tote bags and how do you deal with them and do they threaten your masculinity

This seems like a perfectly fine tote bag to me. People get really snobbish about what other people wear. This seems like a total nothingburger.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
best part about riding a motorcycle is I get to have a backpack with me everywhere and nobody thinks twice. having a backpack is weirder than you might think, especially social things like bars (granted i wouldnt casually do this at every bar, but thats fine cause usually uber anyways) or the movies, and places like any retail store, the post office, whatever. but if im hopping off a motorcycle with a jacket its all good. which is sweet since its literally a manpurse that carries manpurse things. highly convenient! hitting the town hard and get an offer to crash and im like sure bud i got a whole toiletries kit and contact stuff and new underwear ... its pretty awesome

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just lol if you think it's weird to have a backpack when shopping or doing anything really. It's a great place to keep a water bottle, reusable shopping bags, a healthy nutritious snack and all your other earthly possessions. Heck you can even use it as a pillow after a long arduous day of begging for money in front of Arby's!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You don't want to look like a weirdo, just go with a satchel.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

A portable hole works out handsomely, especially when shopping for groceries. Cucumbers, watermelons, it'll take it all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wear a full smoking jacket and night cap and retain the services of what I believe to be some Pakistani or Uzbekistan mountain person who follows me with a full luggage train.
Can't understand the ignorant bastard in the slightest, but I just shout loudly and point then toss him a peice of hard candy.
Seems a fine arrangement.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

who the gently caress thinks backpacks are weird what is this 1950

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
All my possessions are in a pile that never moves and I never leave it. You guys should try putting down roots.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

All MY possessions are in a pile in a backpack. Like a hermit crab, I carry my home upon my back (and don't have any friends). Heck there's plenty of moss on this rock iykwim.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I feel like the whole 'WOMEN PANTS POCKETS' thing is such a fad. I see folks bitching about it everywhere but it's like we HAVE purses for wallets and phones and poo poo which is way better than pockets imo. Although if you wanna have a lumpy wallet rear end and sit on your phone then more power to you.

gently caress you. The only good part of winter is having enough coat pockets that you don't have to carry a purse.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Mr. Clark2 posted:

tote bag = cuck

the cucksack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
carry a purse if you want. who gives a gently caress? oh no, complete strangers might think less of you.