Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yah but not employed atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm actually working on fixing up my parents site that i made for them when i first started programming. it kinda sucks because i have no interest in html or even web dev at this point. but they just need a super simple static page so it's really just a design issue.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

pram posted:

did you get fired from redhat or something lol

i quit redhat a while ago, was only there for like ~1.5 years. i realized, basically, that the "IT side" of redhat (where i was working) kinda sucked. plus i was super underpaid. really good boss tho.

my last job was at a startup doing scala. really really enjoyed doing scala but the company was very bad at making software. i loved my team though and my boss let me do whatever i wanted so it was okay. the software was really bad and i wasn't making any headway on improving it (despite a lot of effort) so i left.

annnnyhow i've become a pretty serious programmer but haven't taken the time to really learn the fundamentals (algorithms, data structures) to the point that i can comfortably interview for jobs that don't suck. so my girlfriend's parents are letting us live with them w/ no strings and so far it's been great. i'm learning hella c++ and going through the algorithms design manual and when i'm done i'll be able to get a job i want to keep hopefully (also a remote one so i can move to the woods permanently).

also i'm getting back into shape after 8 years of inactivity. and i cut my adderall doseage by 75% and that's a very big deal for my mental and physical health. maybe someday i can quit.

oh yeah and i moved back to the west coast from nc in october. all my family and friends are out here and i feel slightly better about being in trumps america when i'm in california (although not much).

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 14, 2019

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

florida lan posted:

this is working out p well for my boss. p sure she's been in the office maybe 10% of days since starting.

hell we even had a retreat to some resort town and she still managed to abscond somewhere the gently caress else for like a day.

she owns