Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I had access to a few Top10(tm) clusters for tests in ~2004, there was a distributed povray-like thing that a colleague used to render some scene of a space battle with all the lighting tricks at a huge-at-the-time resolution. Took about 30 hours on about 1000 top-of-the-2004-line Linux machines. I might still have a copy somewhere! I bet it’s like 4K or something else that my phone can reproduce in near-real-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TheParadigm posted:

Id like to see this if you still have it!

That’s sort of creepy—I was exchanging email last week with a colleague from then and asked him to see if he had a copy of any of it. We both think we burned all the files we had from the national labs and other clients when we quit, but he’s going to look.