Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
If you goto a town hall, your elected officials will be there and you can voice your opinions. In my town it’s mainly old people, but most towns have a ton of people from all denominations

Walk up to your elected officials, shake their hands, and be peaceful, explain your cause. If you play your card right (I mean without playing gin rummy) you can accomplish democracy

My experiences:
1. Do not talk to the police there
2. Don’t smoke
3. Don’t bring attention to yourself
4. Don’t harass anyone
5. Cameras are limited to pictures of yourself, friends, fam to be taken with elected officials

I strongly suggest writing a bill beforehand, with atleast 10 photocopies, for your congressman and mayor

If you’re in a frat, gang, whatever, keep it at home, that’s where the town people discuss politics

Hopefully this doesn’t break any rules, if it does I don’t mind being gassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Bel Shazar posted:

I was in the same troop as my county commissioner for a while.

Alpha, Beta, Cappa?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Insanite posted:

My elected officials that I have touched:

* Senator
* Mayor
* Congressman
* State Senator
* State Representative

It is not that hard to touch your reps, IMO.

The key is not to touch them but to reach them on your level of politics so you can learn the system.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
When you met your elected official, did they seem like top dog? I’d love to meet a president