Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Orders for B Company 2nd Platoon:

Hold tight. If possible don't fire until you've got a flank shot at a tank, as the element of surprise will be lost after each gun's first shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

1st Platoon, F Company

HQ

Move QUICK along path indicated to building; climb to 3rd floor and face as indicated.

If building comes under fire by assault guns, descend to first floor and exit west.

1st squad

A/B section: B section move to 3rd floor and combine with A section. Once this happens, SPLIT AT section (A section from here on out) and move rest of squad (B section) down to 2nd floor.

If building comes under fire from assault guns, descend to first floor.

Scout team: HUNT to first diamond. PAUSE for 30 seconds at first diamond. HUNT to second diamond. If enemy contact, HIDE.

2nd squad

No change to orders.

3rd

Squad: Face as indicated.

Scout team: QUICK across the road to woods on far side. PAUSE for 30 seconds at first diamond. HUNT to second diamond. If enemy contact, HIDE.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 27, 2019

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Updated orders:

call in mortar fire mission, linear, on the forest in the middle of the enemy formation where all those infantry contacts are.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Tank Destroyers

Limber up the northernmost gun and head in a line due SW. Final deployment will be sorted out after we see what happens next turn.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Orders

Sit tight for another 3 minutes

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
It has been brought to my attention that the CO does not have eyes to call in that fire mission.

Therefore, HabeasDorkus, please call in a mission among the assembling German infantry with the intent to disrupt their movement and coherence.

You have discretion for up to 2 tubes for a medium mission or 4 tubes for a short mission. Intensity is up to your discretion.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

habeasdorkus posted:

Orders for B Company 2nd Platoon:

Hold tight. If possible don't fire until you've got a flank shot at a tank, as the element of surprise will be lost after each gun's first shot.

So as a heads-up, this isn't really an orders combination I can do-certainly not the flank shot portion of it. I can issue a Target Armor Arc, which will ensure the gun will only fire at vehicles, but note that your gun has already spent most of the past two turns chucking HE at German infantry so they are quite aware of where your gun is already. (Side note: That gun is down to 3 rounds of HE, so you might want to either relocate it similar to what we've done with Bac's gun, or send the ammo dudes down to give it more rounds).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Bacarruda posted:

Tank Destroyers

Limber up the northernmost gun and head in a line due SW. Final deployment will be sorted out after we see what happens next turn.

Are you using limber in the colloquial fashion (As in, let'e get the guns moving) or the literal fashion? Since it'll take six minutes to literally pack up the gun and another three to deploy it, so while I assume you don't want to take that gun out of the fight for the next ten minutes at minimum, on the off chance that you do could you clarify real quick?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Are you using limber in the colloquial fashion (As in, let'e get the guns moving) or the literal fashion? Since it'll take six minutes to literally pack up the gun and another three to deploy it, so while I assume you don't want to take that gun out of the fight for the next ten minutes at minimum, on the off chance that you do could you clarify real quick?

I want the guys to push the gun due SW down the road (highway 2?) - I don't need it hooked up to the truck.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Third platoon holding tight another round. I'm tempted to move any dudes who have opened fire this round, but I think I'll hold off and let them keep up the harassment for a few more minutes before displacing. gently caress all that.

THIRD PLATOON! DEFENDERS OF THE NORTH!

Overview and minor tweaks.

Third platoon HQ:
Has solid command links is not exposed. No change in orders

Third Platoon, 1st Squad
A Team
Has a great view, no change in orders

B Team
Hasn't seen anything to the north east, should now face south east for better view on the german advance

C Team
Sitting between two AT guns and poppin' off shots has brought a bit of attention. Should quick along the hedgerows and setup shop with a better field of vision. Face perpendicular to hedgerows at final waypoint.

Third Platoon, 2nd Squad
A Team
Dudes are facing a bit further south than I'd like. Face 60 degrees more to their left towards the gap in the trees.

B Team
Starin' down stugs all day. Goonspeed. Keep your eyes open for contacts until your inevitable gruesome deaths a few seconds from now.

C Team
C team has spent the first 7 minutes of this battle holding hands in prayer. Watching the north railway. New facing orders should have them at least glance in the direction of all the big explosions and gunshots and hopefully get them to die in their own ditches rather than the chaplains.

Third Platoon, 3rd Squad
A Team
Supposed to be watching the highway to their North East, distracted by movement in the south east. Fine with this. If we get ambushed along the highway they are guarding because of their ADHD, welp.

B Team
Watchin' the north, no change in orders

C Team
Was supposed to provide overwatch for B team but has gotten distacted by movement to the south east and has been bustin' at 'em. I'm fine with this. No change in orders.

Gay Hitler fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 28, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
New turn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my06p9pHuEs

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can someone mark where the minefields are?

Curiously passive German attack. They just lost a Stug which is going to make them even more cautious. Maybe they are paranoid about driving into them.

2nd Platoon, F Company

The scout squad that lost a man- FALL BACK down the red line, then MOVE down the blue line into the Abby building itself. Go to the top and face the enemy East.

The 3 other units look in the direction of the yellow lines.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

You may need to have them fall further back--there's a wall around most of that side of the Abbey.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders

This .30 cal team to pack up and quick move to indicated area in the trees, it should be able to see the foot bridge as well as the houses and trees currently being used by the Germans for overwatch. Use your discretion for optimal pathing and specific placement, deploy and face once there. Have the ammo team follow up, say to the nearby foxholes.

This .50 cal team to pack up and quick move to the indicated area near F co HQ. Should be able to see the ridge and houses, again use your judgement and deploy and face right there. Follow up with the ammo team.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Orders:

1st Platoon, Hypnobeard:
You are authorized to move your 3rd Squad NE to the other forest if you wish. We still want them to be deployed in ambush and flank the enemy as they emerge from the forest/road. If you feel that is better accomplished that way, go ahead. We're unlikely to be able to move bazookas through the south forest into the east forest by the road uncontested, so while the repositioning is good for the support of the center abbey, that is a secondary consideration.

2nd Platoon, Comstar:
Excellent work with the scouts. When you can no longer maintain eyes on their current position, withdraw scouts to warn of approaches in the forest east of the abbey. Those houses look nice.

Also: Prepare a plan to move one squad (ideally the one without a bazooka) to the stand of trees northwest of the abbey. You may want to split and also occupy a house in town. Their mission will be to contain German infantry in the central forest north of the Abbey. They will be supported by one .30 MG. I'll let you know when to execute.

3rd Platoon, Gay Hitler:
Excellent scouting so far. You really just need to fight your positions.

Understand that we're having a contest right now of who can sling more weight of fire downrange, and the first person to duck for cover loses. You have the advantage of excellent defensive terrain, but I need you thinking about how to maximize your output without breaking cover because those AT guns can't kill AFV's from half a kilometer away if they're busy eating dirt.

AT Platoon, Acebuckeye13: Watch and wait. The first vehicles should be along in the next turn or 3. Thanks so much for your work in inputting.

3in 1 Platoon, Bacarruda:
Excellent kill. Carry on.

3in 2 Platoon, Habeas Dorkus:
I've no idea if that magic keyhole will work, but if it does take the shot! Otherwise or after that, carry on with your reposition give priority to a few HE rounds on those German houses over anything smaller than a StuG.

Weapons Platoon, Generation Internet: Begin moving one of the .30 cals to a position to contain the center forest. Also, look to get both .50's in action in the north.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 PM EST.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

1st Platoon, F Company

HQ

Face as indicated.

1st squad

SPLIT into two sections. Section with BAR MOVE to 3rd floor (A section). Remainder of squad move to 2nd floor (B section).

Scout team: HUNT to diamond. Face as indicated. If enemy contact, HIDE.

2nd squad

No change to orders.

3rd

Squad: Face as indicated.
Scout team: HUNT to diamond. Face as indicated. If enemy contact, HIDE.

Discussion

Nothing too crazy going on this turn, just waiting to see where the German thrust(s) will be. Going to try and push some scouts close to the end of the woodline, see if we can get eyes on whatever's back there. 3rd squad will stay put until we can see whether there will be action along HW2 or if it's all going to be down the middle.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 31, 2019

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Additional orders:

CO to call in linear fire mission on the fence the Germans are setting up on. 2 tubes, heavy intensity, short duration.

If he can't see to do that pass it on to someone who can.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Centurium posted:

Additional orders:

CO to call in linear fire mission on the fence the Germans are setting up on. 2 tubes, heavy intensity, short duration.

If he can't see to do that pass it on to someone who can.

Not gonna be able to post orders until later. I'm not overly worried about my positions. Feel free to use your discretion to move my units into better LOS to comply with company command orders,

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

My AT squad is to remain in position and shoot Jerries. Sorry I haven't been around to do more than nothing do far. :-/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

habeasdorkus posted:

My AT squad is to remain in position and shoot Jerries. Sorry I haven't been around to do more than nothing do far. :-/

So as it turns out the AT gun moving down the road is actually from your unit, which Centurium noticed and I didn't since I keep forgetting which gun belongs to which platoon. (Which also means that Bac shouldn't have been able to order them anyway, stop leading me astray! :argh:)

For future reference, both for myself and for you two:

Blue circles are First Platoon (Bac), orange circles are Second Platoon (HB) (There's a few ammo bearers that are just north of the image cutoff)

HB, your gun on the road is moving thanks to my mistake with Bac's order, and is currently the one that has LoS to a StuG. The movement order just takes it further down the road, so let me know if you want it to stop and shoot, to keep moving south, or to go back to its original position.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Shoot the Stug!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Turns 11-13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptzbGYaDKWM

e: Because I was an idiot and didn't pay enough attention to the turn, some other stuff that happened:

-A fourth StuG showed up in line with the others

-GI's .50 hammered the halftracks and killed all their gunners

-Comstar's infantry in the abbey shot at and killed some of the German infantry that showed up in the south.

I may record an addendum to the turn, since obviously that's some pretty important stuff!

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 2, 2019

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders

Northern .30 scooch up quick and deploy for a better field of fire

Northern .50 fast down the hedgerow, don't redeploy. Both ammo teams can stay where they are for now.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can I get a zoomed in map of the Abby, with where my units are? I need to get some better angles of fire coverage.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Monday, Feb 4 at 7PM EST.

Some soldiers of 3rd Platoon report hearing engines to the north...

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Fray posted:

Orders are due Monday, Feb 4 at 7PM EST.

Some soldiers of 3rd Platoon report hearing engines to the north...

:gritin:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Comstar posted:

Can I get a zoomed in map of the Abby, with where my units are? I need to get some better angles of fire coverage.

Hope this helps! Unfortunately there aren't a lot of great places to shoot out of the abbey towards the current German positions, and if there were you'd run into the danger of getting your squads overwhelmed with MG fire.

Also, should I run another stream? I'll be around for most of tomorrow if we want to try and talk some things out over Discord before I put in this turn's orders. (And make sure to get them in, guys!)

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
F company, 2nd platoon

Platoon HQ: MOVE to the ground floor of the Abby.

3rd Squad: MOVE up one level and face the direction of the enemy (is that east, or west?).

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Alright gents, we're already set up to engage enemies to the north. This may get bad, but we have to see what's coming first.

In the north: make sure you're not caught with your pants down. Do what you need to to get your men into cover.

I'm laying smoke from our mortars on the ridge just in case- I'll likely cancel but if we need to move it'll hurt to wait 6 mins.

Not for this turn: start making plans to fall back to the rail line. We will do so in bounds, using houses for cover. We will move one element at a time to maintain volume of fire, and deploy smoke to break LoS. Be thinking of your path, and cover to bound to.

The Abbey: Comstar, the enemy has fallen into your jaws. This may induce him to bring up those StuGs to displace you. Please ensure your scouts will give you warning of this. We'll see what happens, but I suspect popping around the Abbey will frustrate their efforts.

The South: your postions look good to me. Try not to reveal yourselves until your fire is the most effective.

Ace: I've lost track of which radio is free, so give me a linear smoke mission with the free tube, right to the SE of the ridge, to break contact.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Centurium posted:

Alright gents, we're already set up to engage enemies to the north. This may get bad, but we have to see what's coming first.

In the north: make sure you're not caught with your pants down. Do what you need to to get your men into cover.

I'm laying smoke from our mortars on the ridge just in case- I'll likely cancel but if we need to move it'll hurt to wait 6 mins.

Not for this turn: start making plans to fall back to the rail line. We will do so in bounds, using houses for cover. We will move one element at a time to maintain volume of fire, and deploy smoke to break LoS. Be thinking of your path, and cover to bound to.

The Abbey: Comstar, the enemy has fallen into your jaws. This may induce him to bring up those StuGs to displace you. Please ensure your scouts will give you warning of this. We'll see what happens, but I suspect popping around the Abbey will frustrate their efforts.

The South: your postions look good to me. Try not to reveal yourselves until your fire is the most effective.

Ace: I've lost track of which radio is free, so give me a linear smoke mission with the free tube, right to the SE of the ridge, to break contact.

got some bad news about that: our 60mm mortars don't got smoke. Some of our infantry should have smoke grenades, however.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

e: superseded, see below.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 5, 2019

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

got some bad news about that: our 60mm mortars don't got smoke. Some of our infantry should have smoke grenades, however.

Derp. Let's do linear, short, heavy from just behind the houses to where the sound contacts stop then, please.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Centurium posted:

Derp. Let's do linear, short, heavy from just behind the houses to where the sound contacts stop then, please.

Can you give me a map?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2nd Platoon B Company Tank Destroyers
1) The Gun crew under fire in the west: CANCEL all actions and scarper into cover FAST - behind that low building to the south of the road behind them looks good, or if there's a swale in the ground to hide behind that's closer that works better. Ideally they'd be able to leave the gun and come back for it, but MUH IMERZION is ruined by the fact that they can't so they'll just have to keep lugging the fucker.

2) The Gun crew screened by the Abbey should stay where it is for the time being because the Germans definitely don't know it's there and I don't foresee being able to maneuver it into any better position for getting side shots on advancing IFVs.

I think my dudes are the ones surrounded by the purple circles.

See below.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 5, 2019

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

24 hour extension.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
*emergency orders update*

Combat Mission is coded by lazy, inept grognards, so you can't run back to a gun once you've run away from it. Because of course you can't. This means we no longer have the firepower to even attempt to hang on on the ridge. We're breaking contact.

To Gay Hitler, Habeas Dorkus, Bacarruda:

Every one of your pixelmen units has the ability to pop smoke. To do this you'll need to give a facing and then a "pop smoke" order. I need you all to toss smoke to break contact with the Germans in the center of the map.

You may need individual groups to rush forward to toss smoke. Ideally we'd like to recover the still functional gun for use against the north.

Ace was nice enough to give us a picture of 'where not to be' with those black lines. You'll need to decide which units can make it to the rail bridge and which need to scatter farther north into the ridge.

To Generation Internet: Your .50's are going to need to provide cover fire for this movement. Smoke is good, but smoke plus a reason to keep your head down is better. Plus, you may kill more halftracks as a bonus! Be ready to shoot and scoot as seems appropriate to you.

Bring the trucks near to the hwy2 bridge at the abbey to load 1 platoon and redeploy to the town. Since you have the game, I'll depend on you to figure out how to minimize exposure to German fire.

To AceBuckeye13:

limber one of your guns and move it to a position to support the rail bridge. Use the jeep. (I think Jeeps do this. If they don't I totally meant you're detached one truck).

Still give me the new linear mortar strike from the last post if that is possible at this point. If not, that's cool.

CO sits still if he needs to in order to call in his strike, otherwise he pops smoke and scatters north when the smoke is established.

To Comstar:
I'll need you to shift your scouts farther south to cover 1 platoon's redeployment. Otherwise, keep on killing.

To Hypnobeard:
Start pulling your squads back into the Abbey. I intend to redeploy most or all of your unit to the rail bridge. Expect to board trucks west of the Hwy2 bridge next turn or the one after. Unless the motors to the north are clown cars, I suspect having at least one bazooka near the bridge will be very important, and 3 platoon's is quite far north and about 8 German MG's away.

Thank you again for bearing with me folks.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

1st Platoon, F Company

HQ element

MOVE to 3rd floor if not already there. Face east.

1st squad

Scout team: HUNT along path indicated. PAUSE 15s at first red diamond. HUNT along path indicated to second red diamond. Face as indicated. HOLD FIRE.

Any sections in building (AT & A, I think): MOVE to first floor. COMBINE. MOVE to building indicated, SPLIT. Section with rifle grenades MOVE to fourth floor. Section with BAR MOVE to third floor. Both sections face as indicated. If BAR and rifle grenades in same section, MOVE to 4th floor and place other section on 3rd floor.

2nd squad

All personnel MOVE as indicated to yellow diamond. COMBINE. Once combined, face as indicated.

3rd squad

Scout team: HUNT to first red diamond. PAUSE 15s. HUNT to second red diamond. Face as indicated. HOLD FIRE.

Squad: MOVE as indicated to yellow diamond. Face as indicated. HOLD FIRE

Scout teams should not engage at all, they're just there for eyes at this point. Please adjust firing orders appropriately throughout moves if necessary.

They should be placed as close to the edge of the heavy woods as possible.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 5, 2019

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Third platoon,
gently caress this poo poo

Platoon HQ - if you guys can man up, rush forward into certain death, throw smoke, run back to cover somewhere
pray to god the smoke obscures the 76

1st Squad A Team
Get out of german LOS

1st Squad B Team
Die in place

1st Squad C Team
Get out of german LOS

2nd Squad A Team
Run out to the tree, throw smoke, run back

2nd Squad B Team
backup to next tree

2nd Squad C team
get low and retreat to next hedge line, facing enemy on arrival

3rd Squad A Team
charge forward, throw smoke, get the gently caress out of dodge

3rd Squad B Team, put hedges between you and incoming fire

3rd Squad C team
Run to the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
My internet is dead- please move my scouts to where they need to be this turn.