Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMY9chpUEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders due Tuesday February 19 at 7PM EST

Fray fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 19, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I have a infantry platoon that has deployed to assault the north side of the Abby. I hope that HMG we have can view the WIDE OPEN GROUND they need to cross.

F Company, 2nd platoon

Two of the units (not the platoon HQ) should area target the forest with the BLUE lines. The non-firing units need to be looking in the same direction.

If we have a mortar unit available, please put a strike on the YELLOW line. Fast as you can, as much as you can, for a brief time period.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Comstar posted:

I have a infantry platoon that has deployed to assault the north side of the Abby. I hope that HMG we have can view the WIDE OPEN GROUND they need to cross.

It can!

Orders

do that

this gun is dead, but have it pop smoke anyways. Fast move the ammo team to the house as pictured

Have the currently limbered 57mm gun deploy and face down highway 2, have it's ammo team move at regular speed to rejoin it

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

1st Platoon, F Company

HQ element

No change.

1st squad

No change.

2nd squad

AT section: MOVE along thin line to position shown. When in position, SET FIRING ARC as shown and TARGET ARMOR.

Squad: QUICK along indicated path to edge of woods. TARGET AREA as shown for 1 minute, then QUICK to position indicated.

3rd squad

AT section: QUICK straight back from woods, try to break contact and recover.

Squad: TARGET AREA for 30 seconds, then QUICK back into woods as shown.

If necessary, 2nd or 3rd squad can CANCEL FIRE and FACE east, then POP SMOKE before executing the retreat ordered above.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 20, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My platoon's going to scatter out of the immediate line of fire, and try to take up positions where they can fire back at the incoming Germans.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Disaster has struck

Hard to imagine things getting worse for the boys of third platoon

Third Platoon
First Squad
A Team
This Los is good, successful retreat unlikely, goonspeed

B Team
Keep medic-ing, escape impossible, goonspeed

C Team
Link up with single remaining reachable survivor

Second Squad
A Team
That MG is gonna wreck you. Ditch!

B Team
Join A team

C Team
Hold Position

Third Squad
A Team
Crawl to foxholes like your life depends on it and face north

B Team
Y'all hosed

C Team
Y'all hosed too

Randos
2nd plat, 2nd section B team
Retreat to Hedge

1st section, B team
Retreat to hedge

2nd plat hq
retreat to hedge

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Emergency stand in orders for the tanks:

First turn
rear two tanks are to area target BLACK circles
front tank is to area target house in RED circle
Second turn:
front tank is to proceed to BLUE area and nudge into LoS to shoot the StuG, as pictured:

Finally, at the end of the third turn(if possible) the two rear tanks are to place a SMOKE shot on the two gray over black circles. If not possible, just keep shootin.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Centurium posted:

Emergency stand in orders for the tanks:

First turn
rear two tanks are to area target BLACK circles
front tank is to area target house in RED circle
Second turn:
front tank is to proceed to BLUE area and nudge into LoS to shoot the StuG, as pictured:

Finally, at the end of the third turn(if possible) the two rear tanks are to place a SMOKE shot on the two gray over black circles. If not possible, just keep shootin.

These look perfect! Sorry I missed these earlier :(

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnxZnapWgA

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So long as my guys are not being shot at by armoured units, I'll keep my guys where they are. If armored units shoot at them, move to a position they can't be.

Q- can they get infantry to climb or blow the walls open of the Abby, or do they have to go around the long way?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Comstar posted:

So long as my guys are not being shot at by armoured units, I'll keep my guys where they are. If armored units shoot at them, move to a position they can't be.

Q- can they get infantry to climb or blow the walls open of the Abby, or do they have to go around the long way?

HE rounds or breaching charges can take the wall out IIRC, otherwise they have to go the long way around. Notice that there's a pretty open break in the wall where the stream runs, though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Hey Hypnobeard, did you mean to leave the discord? Looks like you've vanished from there.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hey Hypnobeard, did you mean to leave the discord? Looks like you've vanished from there.

Yep. Not contributing anything, so I'll just wait for Centurium to post his orders here and go from there.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hypnobeard posted:

Yep. Not contributing anything, so I'll just wait for Centurium to post his orders here and go from there.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, I've really appreciated having you in there to discuss things with. Lemme know if you want back in!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Eh, I think I've given the observers and eventually the Germans enough amusement already. Thanks though.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders due Friday February 22 at 8PM EST.

Moving back the deadline an hour to help out North Americans a bit. We're usually starting around that time anyway.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Fray posted:

Orders due Friday February 22 at 8PM EST.

Moving back the deadline an hour to help out North Americans a bit. We're usually starting around that time anyway.

Thank youuuuuuuu

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
*orders: Brrap brrap pew pew*

General Orders: apparently pixelmans in this game only return fire if they can make out the unit patches on the people firing on them. Therefore, America expects each commander to pick at least one area target order, because it's the only way to get us to return fire/apply suppressing fire.

Gay Hitler: Welp, ouch. Do your best to get whoever survived into a position to recover morale for a bit. If you can, area target orders towards tanks will be much appreciated.

Generation Internet: freaking LoS. Well, that was unexpected. At least the AT gun survives. You need to A. Get that gun to a place to at least recover, and then consider how to get it to a place to engage StuG's. Ideally, we'd coordinate with the Shermans to open fire. I guess do your best to check out which areas have random LoS to german positions in the north. And B:

Meanwhile, your .50 needs to decide which direction to provide suppressing fire. To the north, you may be able to get German infantry to put their heads down, or even German tanks to button up. But beware the temple guards in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey! To the south, your fire could well defeat a German attempt to push into the forest east of the Abbey, and encourage them to step into the wire and mines. Knock out three German squads to open the door to the Observatory! You may wish to write your orders to depend on whether the Germans in the North and/or South make a push, or if both do at once. The choices are yours, and yours alone.

:Acebuckeye: Ok, let's get some area fires on the German tanks, get them to button up. Secondary to that is contributing fire at the German base of fire in the north hedge, with the tanks and the mortars. Ponder whether your happy with where your squads are right now, because it's likely only gonna get harder to move them in subsequent turns.

:Bacarruda: :frogin: choose your area targets. The panzers are likely your biggest threat, so I'd like you to engage the panzers in the north. Remember that you can decline engagement by means of smoke rounds (and fling burning death at infantry). Acebuckeye's map in discord illustrates this point. Do your best to maximize your local numerical advantage in each engagement. Remember also that you can engage at least one StuG, which also means at least one StuG can engage you. Don't leave yourself in a position to be engaged by more than one target at a time.

:Comstar: Area target is now your friend. Do your best to keep your squads away from the boomenhalftracks, but otherwise maximize the number of bullets hitting the Germans trying to push in your sector.

[b]Hypnobeard:
I'm not sure your position is tenable with German armor in your sector. Your call whether to stick around and fling hate at infantry and keep bazooka's shooting at armor targets or to smoke and retreat. If you continue to engage, make use of area target orders on the infantry, and ponder how vulnerable their position is w.r.t. German armor pouring HE hate on them.

On the other hand, if you retreat, do your best to throw smoke first and then retreat south towards the abbey wall.

Goonspeed, American Goons.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Centurium posted:

:Bacarruda: :frogin: choose your area targets. The panzers are likely your biggest threat, so I'd like you to engage the panzers in the north. Remember that you can decline engagement by means of smoke rounds (and fling burning death at infantry). Acebuckeye's map in discord illustrates this point. Do your best to maximize your local numerical advantage in each engagement. Remember also that you can engage at least one StuG, which also means at least one StuG can engage you. Don't leave yourself in a position to be engaged by more than one target at a time.

Orders for the tanks. #1 and #2 stay still and target/target smoke as indicated. #3 Hunt and face as marked.

Lemme know if these look ok to you!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Centurium posted:

Hypnobeard: I'm not sure your position is tenable with German armor in your sector. Your call whether to stick around and fling hate at infantry and keep bazooka's shooting at armor targets or to smoke and retreat. If you continue to engage, make use of area target orders on the infantry, and ponder how vulnerable their position is w.r.t. German armor pouring HE hate on them.

On the other hand, if you retreat, do your best to throw smoke first and then retreat south towards the abbey wall.

I have already thrown a little bit of smoke, but basically I'm just going to bug the hell out and try to regroup back at the Abbey. I think that's going to be more effective than trying to pop the smoke which is essentially a crapshoot from what I can see. This will probably bite me in the rear end, but c'est la guerre.

1st Platoon, F Company

HQ element

No change.

1st squad

Scout section: QUICK to position shown.

Rest of squad: No change.

2nd squad

AT section: QUICK to indicated position. Join up with rest of squad.

Squad: QUICK to indicated position. Join with AT section. MOVE to Abbey as shown, enter building, SPLIT. 1st section occupies 3rd floor, 2nd section occupies 2nd floor. FACE as shown.

3rd squad

AT section: QUICK to indicated position. Join with rest of squad.

Squad: QUICK to indicated position. Join with AT section. MOVE to building in front of Abbey as shown. FACE as shown once in the building.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders

Shift fire as follows, both are targeting deployed German HMGs

Cease fire with the mortars, two still have about ~10 rounds each

Try and deploy the 57 but it's also likely dead as there's something tankish shooting repeatedly at it

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
F Company, 2nd platoon

The scouts to the north should FACE the GREEN line.

The other squads should split their fire to AREA FIRE in the RED and GREEN box. I can't tell who can see what so split it as best you can.

If they have direct LOS on enemy infantry in the forests, shoot them instead.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 26, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Bacarruda posted:

Orders for the tanks. #1 and #2 stay still and target/target smoke as indicated. #3 Hunt and face as marked.

Lemme know if these look ok to you!

eeehhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not a fan.

I guess my main thought is that we should be working to concentrate the fire of the tanks as much as possible, to isolate German armor targets, and have a plan for each turn. My fear is that with these orders, Tank 1 ends up exposing itself to 1-2 Panzer IVs for the sole sake of killing a handful of infantry with no support from 2 or 3, and that 3 especially has very limited lines of sight from where it's being ordered to move to.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Third Platoon
HQ
Hold position, face north

1st Squad
Bleed out

1st Squad B Team
Engage bullet time mode

2nd Squad
Hold position, become unrattled

2nd Squad C Team
Hold position

3rd Squad A Team
Your facing the wrong way, but target briefly towards the base of the tree directly north and youll hit germans

3rd Squad B Team
Houston cant be saved, you cant stop the bleeding and youll never escape. Try to take one of those krauts with you to valhalla

3rd Squad C Team
Get in the house and unbreak yourself foo'

2nd platoon 2nd section A team
Get on the hedge, face north

Ace, if you see any units that have solid targets worth suppressing, you have my blessing

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

eeehhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not a fan.

I guess my main thought is that we should be working to concentrate the fire of the tanks as much as possible, to isolate German armor targets, and have a plan for each turn. My fear is that with these orders, Tank 1 ends up exposing itself to 1-2 Panzer IVs for the sole sake of killing a handful of infantry with no support from 2 or 3, and that 3 especially has very limited lines of sight from where it's being ordered to move to.

NEW ORDERS

Tank 1: Target smoke 1 turn

Tank 2: Target smoke 1 turn

Tank 3; Hold

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOUM5Djtn0

Map!

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Reinforcements on deck!

The weather has begun to clear, and you faintly hear what must be aircraft in the distance... Your forward observers inform you that close air support should begin arriving over the rest of the morning.

At 0:55:00, you get one P-51 Mustang, with a light bomb loadout. You may direct it using your FO team.

Fray fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 26, 2019

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Well, it's nice of the Ninth Airforce to show up, eventually.

Thoughts, Centurium?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can we get 1-2 of the squads in the north side of the Abby to get into the north facing buildings.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Comstar posted:

Can we get 1-2 of the squads in the north side of the Abby to get into the north facing buildings.

Those are your troops, so sure, go ahead?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Wednesday, February 27 at 8PM EST.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Tank Orders

Tank 1 (the westernmost one): HUNT forwards until you can get LOS to TARGET smoke those Panzer IVs that just popped the Sherman.

Tank 2 (the easternmost one): POP SMOKE. Once smoke is out. Back up and move QUICK to move side by side with Tank 1 in its new position.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
F Company, 2nd platoon

Two of the squads who are on the NORTH side of the Abby complex need to MOVE to the RED and PURPLE buildings, 2nd floor, and face NORTH EAST towards the enemy infantry.

The XO squad getting SHELLED should RUN to the GROUND FLOOR and face WEST towards the enemy,

Other squads CONTINUE to AREA FIRE the GREEN and YELLOW FORESTS. If they have LOS on enemy INFANTRY or ARMOUR (if they have a BAZOOKA), TARGET them instead.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 26, 2019

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Comstar posted:

F Company, 2nd platoon

Two of the squads who are on the NORTH side of the Abby complex need to MOVE to the RED and PURPLE buildings, 2nd floor, and face NORTH EAST towards the enemy infantry.

The XO squad getting SHELLED should RUN to the GROUND FLOOR and face WEST towards the enemy,

Other squads CONTINUE to AREA FIRE the GREEN and YELLOW FORESTS. If they have LOS on enemy INFANTRY or ARMOUR (if they have a BAZOOKA), TARGET them instead.

For reference, that's the south side of the Abbey, and that's my squad and HQ element. But sure, why not?

F Company, 1st platoon

HQ element stay put.

Squad in Abbey: A section move to ground floor, then over to the red building to the 3rd floor. Area fire on woods south of Abbey and troops coming in on HW2. B section repeat, but move to 2nd floor in red building.

Unit furthest south in the woods: Area fire on the woods to the south opposite the Abbey entrance.

Unit north of that: Move into the 1-story building at the Abbey entrance, face toward the south, area fire on the units coming up HW2.

Unit in the woods to the east: Move toward the Abbey entrance (so generally north east), fire at units as you can.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Ersatz Turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXdign54ZL0

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

F Company, 1st Platoon

All units except HQ area fire on troops in southern woods.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Is this still going?

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Hypnobeard posted:

Is this still going?

Until you guys tell me otherwise, yes. No deadline yet just cause we don't have inputters this weekend.

Ed: And since yalls' discord has been dead for days I'd like to know if you all want to continue.

Fray fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
F Company, 2nd platoon

No change in orders. Preparing to repel borders.