Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gay Hitler posted:

Will post orders when I get home, 7ish eastern.

Can we stream the input of the orders?

Possibly, we'll see how things go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
GI and Comstar, any ETA on when you can give me orders? (Gay Hitler and Bac have given me stuff over Discord).

e: for future reference though, we need to make posts in the thread with orders just so everyone's clear on what everyone else is doing.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 22, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Hey Comstar, since the Germans (and Fray!) are likely chomping at their bits for me to get the turn to them, if you can't get orders up in the next couple hours I'll position your platoon in the Abbey. It's a reasonably small area so you should be able to move them around to where you want them to go next turn if you don't like where I put them, and I'll do my best to put them in good temporary positions for the time being.

Do you have discord, by the way? We've been doing most of our planning and chatting in there and I've been streaming my inputting of orders so I can get everyone where they want their dudes to be, and I hate for you being left out of the loop like this.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fray posted:

Germans are waiting for at least one person themselves so no need for last minute provisional orders.

Ah cool! In that case Comstar please ignore my last post :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
orders sent, god help us

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
And I have our first video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiYPeoVgMgA

Plus a map!

Start of Turn 1 is at 7 seconds, Turn 2 at 3 minutes, Turn 3 at 6:25, and Turn 4 at 10:19. Watch, and be amazed!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The turns! Map up tomorrow when it's not 1 in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkLlv_QLHE

e: apologies for any audio issues, my laptop's fan is loud as gently caress

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

habeasdorkus posted:

Orders for B Company 2nd Platoon:

Hold tight. If possible don't fire until you've got a flank shot at a tank, as the element of surprise will be lost after each gun's first shot.

So as a heads-up, this isn't really an orders combination I can do-certainly not the flank shot portion of it. I can issue a Target Armor Arc, which will ensure the gun will only fire at vehicles, but note that your gun has already spent most of the past two turns chucking HE at German infantry so they are quite aware of where your gun is already. (Side note: That gun is down to 3 rounds of HE, so you might want to either relocate it similar to what we've done with Bac's gun, or send the ammo dudes down to give it more rounds).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bacarruda posted:

Tank Destroyers

Limber up the northernmost gun and head in a line due SW. Final deployment will be sorted out after we see what happens next turn.

Are you using limber in the colloquial fashion (As in, let'e get the guns moving) or the literal fashion? Since it'll take six minutes to literally pack up the gun and another three to deploy it, so while I assume you don't want to take that gun out of the fight for the next ten minutes at minimum, on the off chance that you do could you clarify real quick?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
New turn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my06p9pHuEs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

habeasdorkus posted:

My AT squad is to remain in position and shoot Jerries. Sorry I haven't been around to do more than nothing do far. :-/

So as it turns out the AT gun moving down the road is actually from your unit, which Centurium noticed and I didn't since I keep forgetting which gun belongs to which platoon. (Which also means that Bac shouldn't have been able to order them anyway, stop leading me astray! :argh:)

For future reference, both for myself and for you two:

Blue circles are First Platoon (Bac), orange circles are Second Platoon (HB) (There's a few ammo bearers that are just north of the image cutoff)

HB, your gun on the road is moving thanks to my mistake with Bac's order, and is currently the one that has LoS to a StuG. The movement order just takes it further down the road, so let me know if you want it to stop and shoot, to keep moving south, or to go back to its original position.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Turns 11-13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptzbGYaDKWM

e: Because I was an idiot and didn't pay enough attention to the turn, some other stuff that happened:

-A fourth StuG showed up in line with the others

-GI's .50 hammered the halftracks and killed all their gunners

-Comstar's infantry in the abbey shot at and killed some of the German infantry that showed up in the south.

I may record an addendum to the turn, since obviously that's some pretty important stuff!

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 2, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Comstar posted:

Can I get a zoomed in map of the Abby, with where my units are? I need to get some better angles of fire coverage.

Hope this helps! Unfortunately there aren't a lot of great places to shoot out of the abbey towards the current German positions, and if there were you'd run into the danger of getting your squads overwhelmed with MG fire.

Also, should I run another stream? I'll be around for most of tomorrow if we want to try and talk some things out over Discord before I put in this turn's orders. (And make sure to get them in, guys!)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Centurium posted:

Alright gents, we're already set up to engage enemies to the north. This may get bad, but we have to see what's coming first.

In the north: make sure you're not caught with your pants down. Do what you need to to get your men into cover.

I'm laying smoke from our mortars on the ridge just in case- I'll likely cancel but if we need to move it'll hurt to wait 6 mins.

Not for this turn: start making plans to fall back to the rail line. We will do so in bounds, using houses for cover. We will move one element at a time to maintain volume of fire, and deploy smoke to break LoS. Be thinking of your path, and cover to bound to.

The Abbey: Comstar, the enemy has fallen into your jaws. This may induce him to bring up those StuGs to displace you. Please ensure your scouts will give you warning of this. We'll see what happens, but I suspect popping around the Abbey will frustrate their efforts.

The South: your postions look good to me. Try not to reveal yourselves until your fire is the most effective.

Ace: I've lost track of which radio is free, so give me a linear smoke mission with the free tube, right to the SE of the ridge, to break contact.

got some bad news about that: our 60mm mortars don't got smoke. Some of our infantry should have smoke grenades, however.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Centurium posted:

Derp. Let's do linear, short, heavy from just behind the houses to where the sound contacts stop then, please.

Can you give me a map?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Can't get a video until late tonight, but here's the map for the update:

Aside from the exposed AT gun getting finished off, nobody really took any casualties. Big areas of concern are, obviously, the vehicle contacts to the north and south. Contact to the north (the bottom of this map because I'm bad at taking consistent map pictures) is composed of at least one truck, and no sight contacts on either of the unseen AFVs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Have a video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwZtPei7OKc

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I present to all of you, a very longass turn video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--25caNNTw

tl;dr: some Panzer IVs show up in the north, a handful of Comstar's dudes get blapped by a 75mm howitzer on a halftrack, the mortars go off, few casualties by ho boy is this a dicey situation

E: Now with map, oriented on a much more sane North/South axis:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 10, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I'll pass off my 57s to GI and take the infantry platoon. Bac, you gonna hold onto your 76 or pass that to GI as well?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Comstar posted:

Can we get the armour to take on that half track with the '75 that's killing me?

It'd be tricky. As near as I can tell, there's only two ways we could do it—either driving a tank into the abbey itself, into the precise corner where it could see the halftrack (If it doesn't move), or driving a tank down Highway 2 and up the hill, flanking the halftrack (As well as a huge portion of the rest of the German force)

Neither option is great, since it would take the tanks a while to get to either position and would be reliant on the support halftrack not moving. The abbey position would also be fairly limited, really only able to shoot things on that narrow section of hill. As for outflanking them... well, that's a high-risk, high-reward type deal, and we may or may not have the resources to actually pull something like that off effectively.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Quick and dirty orders for the new infantry platoon: Load into trucks, then drive along the map edge up to the town square. Unload there, occupy the buildings, send the trucks back, and wait for further orders from up top.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Turn update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUrwJzh3kYM

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Alright, some infantry platoon orders:

Platoon HQ (Purple) will jump inside the house.

1st Squad (Red) is to take up positions on the hedge behind the rail bridge. A and B teams will target known German positions to defend against an infantry advance on the orchard, while C team will (potentially) move across the tracks to take up a hidden forward position to defend against German armor from moving forward.

2nd Squad (Green) is to take up positions along the stone wall to act as a backstop.

3rd Squad (Yellow) is to take up positions in the house and along the rear hedge in the orchard, to defend against the German infantry advance.

All units will move at a QUICK pace.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMY9chpUEY

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
My platoon's going to scatter out of the immediate line of fire, and try to take up positions where they can fire back at the incoming Germans.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnxZnapWgA

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Hey Hypnobeard, did you mean to leave the discord? Looks like you've vanished from there.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hypnobeard posted:

Yep. Not contributing anything, so I'll just wait for Centurium to post his orders here and go from there.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, I've really appreciated having you in there to discuss things with. Lemme know if you want back in!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bacarruda posted:

Orders for the tanks. #1 and #2 stay still and target/target smoke as indicated. #3 Hunt and face as marked.

Lemme know if these look ok to you!

eeehhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not a fan.

I guess my main thought is that we should be working to concentrate the fire of the tanks as much as possible, to isolate German armor targets, and have a plan for each turn. My fear is that with these orders, Tank 1 ends up exposing itself to 1-2 Panzer IVs for the sole sake of killing a handful of infantry with no support from 2 or 3, and that 3 especially has very limited lines of sight from where it's being ordered to move to.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOUM5Djtn0

Map!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Personally I think the situation has deteriorated to the point that we have no choice but to withdraw, utalizing air support to cover our retreat. There's just no way to defend against the German armor perched on the high ground, as they can easily fire down onto our positions everywhere except the ground floor of the Abbey. Continuing to fight will only result in massive additional casualties for our already ravaged force with no hope of significantly damaging or delaying the attacking Germans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fray posted:

24 hour extension.

If you want to continue the match, then there needs to be more than two order posts.

Welp