Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Looks like the Discord invite link has expired, can we get a new one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Tank Destroyers

Limber up the northernmost gun and head in a line due SW. Final deployment will be sorted out after we see what happens next turn.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Are you using limber in the colloquial fashion (As in, let'e get the guns moving) or the literal fashion? Since it'll take six minutes to literally pack up the gun and another three to deploy it, so while I assume you don't want to take that gun out of the fight for the next ten minutes at minimum, on the off chance that you do could you clarify real quick?

I want the guys to push the gun due SW down the road (highway 2?) - I don't need it hooked up to the truck.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

TDs:

The HQ unit that lost its PL should SLOW 25m down the hedgerow and away from the Germans. Ammo teams go FAST through the woods 25m away from the area being shelled and then hide.

Get the 76mm on the bridge to face towards the Germans. If I could get a current LOS check in what they can see to their NE from their current position, I'd love it!

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

I'll take the tanks, barring anyone else piping up.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'll pass off my 57s to GI and take the infantry platoon. Bac, you gonna hold onto your 76 or pass that to GI as well?

GI can have 'er.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Tank 1 will HUNT forwards to the marked location.

Tank 2 will HUNT forwards, as marked.

Tank 3 will stay where it is and pop the Panzer IV it hit before.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Centurium posted:

Emergency stand in orders for the tanks:

First turn
rear two tanks are to area target BLACK circles
front tank is to area target house in RED circle
Second turn:
front tank is to proceed to BLUE area and nudge into LoS to shoot the StuG, as pictured:

Finally, at the end of the third turn(if possible) the two rear tanks are to place a SMOKE shot on the two gray over black circles. If not possible, just keep shootin.

These look perfect! Sorry I missed these earlier :(

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Centurium posted:

:Bacarruda: :frogin: choose your area targets. The panzers are likely your biggest threat, so I'd like you to engage the panzers in the north. Remember that you can decline engagement by means of smoke rounds (and fling burning death at infantry). Acebuckeye's map in discord illustrates this point. Do your best to maximize your local numerical advantage in each engagement. Remember also that you can engage at least one StuG, which also means at least one StuG can engage you. Don't leave yourself in a position to be engaged by more than one target at a time.

Orders for the tanks. #1 and #2 stay still and target/target smoke as indicated. #3 Hunt and face as marked.

Lemme know if these look ok to you!

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

eeehhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not a fan.

I guess my main thought is that we should be working to concentrate the fire of the tanks as much as possible, to isolate German armor targets, and have a plan for each turn. My fear is that with these orders, Tank 1 ends up exposing itself to 1-2 Panzer IVs for the sole sake of killing a handful of infantry with no support from 2 or 3, and that 3 especially has very limited lines of sight from where it's being ordered to move to.

NEW ORDERS

Tank 1: Target smoke 1 turn

Tank 2: Target smoke 1 turn

Tank 3; Hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Tank Orders

Tank 1 (the westernmost one): HUNT forwards until you can get LOS to TARGET smoke those Panzer IVs that just popped the Sherman.

Tank 2 (the easternmost one): POP SMOKE. Once smoke is out. Back up and move QUICK to move side by side with Tank 1 in its new position.