Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Brilliant writing from Chase and the gang that the scene still works whether or not people have the exact opposite takeaways that Kingsley is intended to be a prestigious actor or someone who'll appear in any old poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

myeeeow :smug:

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
https://i.imgur.com/wTLW4Kh.mp4

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I like to think that Chrissy was inspired to wishcast Ben Kingsley after catching Jonathan Glazer's Sexy Beast

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug
Love how Carmine thinks about Chrissy's comfort and skips his usual trip to the hotel bar. Grading on the shows curve this guy was a top notch human.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Little Carmine is one of the only people that ever actually took Christopher’s sobriety seriously.

EDIT: It wasn’t until this rewatch that I noticed even Adriana does poo poo like drink wine in front of him at home and keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 31, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Little Carmine is one of the only people that ever actually took Christopher’s sobriety seriously.

EDIT: It wasn’t until this rewatch that I noticed even Adriana does poo poo like drink wine in front of him at home and keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer.

I think Christopher even calls her out on that at some point.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Lemme tell ya couple tree tings.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

whatever happened there

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*pointing with pinkie and index finger*

Watch yourself, my friend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raivin posted:

Love how Carmine thinks about Chrissy's comfort and skips his usual trip to the hotel bar. Grading on the shows curve this guy was a top notch human.

I know it's been said before, but if anybody "won" The Sopranos, it was Little Carmine. Dude is going to die an old man, happy and beloved, surrounded by family who adore him and who will miss him terribly.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Best thing Tony ever did for AJ was get him a job with Lil C before he died. He's 100% better off with him as a role model.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Getting him out of that pool was a decent thing too.

Even if he ate some Lincoln logs first.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Woodenlung posted:

Even if he ate some Lincoln logs first.

He hesitated throwing them away.

It's cream cheese on a hod dog. I bet it fuckin slaps. I'm not having this slander.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_5n82WOQ0g

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

and with that breath

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Jerusalem posted:

I know it's been said before, but if anybody "won" The Sopranos, it was Little Carmine. Dude is going to die an old man, happy and beloved, surrounded by family who adore him and who will miss him terribly.

Albert Barese is still one of my favourite secretly smart guys. That scene of him repeating Richie Aprile and Richie just not knowing what to do is great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Albert knew his brother couldn't afford to go into the unknown not knowing :hmmyes:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He’s also the only person to say out loud “Tony killed Ralphie because of a horse and it’s Silvio’s job to take care of it”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
HUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Before i watched with subtitles I always thought it was hosed up that Carmella’s mom called her husband “you”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I also dig that for all the obfuscation, when Albert is finally cornered by Ralphie for a direct answer he just straight up says,"Go against Tony Soprano? No." and that's that, conversation over.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the moral of the story is to just get drunk and let your grudges flow by pissing in your boss’s pool

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress, I confused the constipated one (Barese) with the twins (Parisi)

but Parisi ended up pretty chill and loyal in the end too

ulvir fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 2, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ulvir posted:

gently caress, I confused the constipated one (Barese) with the twins (Parisi)

but Parisi ended up pretty chill and loyal in the end too

Patsy's actually in pretty good shape. If Tony died (he didn't), then he might have the best shot at Jersey boss and if Tony didn't die (he did) then he's got a good shot at underboss, especially with his son and Meadow hooking up.

Patsy has for my money one of the best threats in the series to Gloria with "My face will be the last one you see, and it won't be cinematic."

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dawgstar posted:

Patsy's actually in pretty good shape. If Tony died (he didn't), then he might have the best shot at Jersey boss and if Tony didn't die (he did) then he's got a good shot at underboss, especially with his son and Meadow hooking up.

Patsy has for my money one of the best threats in the series to Gloria with "My face will be the last one you see, and it won't be cinematic."

Yeah, that was laser targeted, he knew exactly what to say to her, specifically

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I vaguely remember reading an interview with Chase or another one of the head writers for the show saying they felt like they couldn't give the actor who played Albert Barese too much to do in the show because he looked too good and too much like the classical image of a wise guy, they wanted their mobsters to look hosed up and weird.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

he is incredible in that he looks the least like a typical mobster, and is every bit as ice-cold and brutal as the rest.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mike N Eich posted:

I vaguely remember reading an interview with Chase or another one of the head writers for the show saying they felt like they couldn't give the actor who played Albert Barese too much to do in the show because he looked too good and too much like the classical image of a wise guy, they wanted their mobsters to look hosed up and weird.

If I remember right the actor who played Joey Peeps said the guy was also a huge rear end in a top hat and called him a slur on set one day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you notice Albert Barese suddenly disappears at the beginning of the fifth season and they're obviously cutting around him during Tony B's welcome home party. It's because the actor was under investigation for mob-related activities and his lawyer had to say "Hey, maybe stop playing a mobster on television for a while"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If you notice Albert Barese suddenly disappears at the beginning of the fifth season and they're obviously cutting around him during Tony B's welcome home party. It's because the actor was under investigation for mob-related activities and his lawyer had to say "Hey, maybe stop playing a mobster on television for a while"

Yeah, I was going to say he gives off legit connected vibes more than anyone else on the show.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
I wish Richie hadn't been killed. Would've loved seeing him go against Ralph or Phil

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CoffeeBoofer posted:

I wish Richie hadn't been killed. Would've loved seeing him go against Ralph or Phil

Gandolfini even wanted Richie to stay but they figured after a while it would strain credulity.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Just remembering a funny Sopranos related mystery from years ago. When my wife and I were first dating in 2006 she told me that before we met, a guy once hit on her in a Starbucks in Hollywood and he told her he was an actor who had a small part on the Sopranos. She politely told him she wasn’t interested and didn’t give him her number. Then after she left the Starbucks, the guy walked in front of her car, stopped in the middle of the crosswalk and mooned her. I found this hilarious and I was dying to know which actor it was. She had not yet watched the show and could not remember what the guy looked like enough to give a good description other than he was not a fat guy (thus eliminating much of the cast) and he was a younger guy.

This is how I ended up rewatching the show, with her seeing it for the first time. Keeping in mind the guy who macked on her in Starbucks could have been lying about being on the Sopranos in the first place, we unfortunately got through the whole series without clearly identifying the guy. It was amusing trying to figure out which ancillary character from the Sopranos flashed his rear end to my girl. Was it someone like Little Paulie? Joey Peeps? Mustang Sally? Random guy in a pizza joint?
:iiam:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

maybe it was AJ before he became fit

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sounds like a Matt bevelaqua move

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Whatever happened there

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tbh it also sounds like the kind of lie that a guy who would moon a woman for rejecting him would tell

“I played uhh paulie. No no the other paulie, Mary and Peter’s cousin, yeah him”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Yeah that was my first suspicion. The show was at its peak popularity at the time and Hollywood was probably crawling with lovely dudes using that as a pickup line.