Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, looking back at it I'm kinda bewildered none of us got injured at all beyond some minor burns/bleeding.

I'm pretty old so I'll share that the #1 way for me and my friends to gently caress ourselves up was by imitating Evil Knievel with our bicycles, for he was our hero. Had cell phones and Tik Tok/You Tube existed back then we might have made some money now that I think about it. Nobody went to the ER as far as I recall but usually things didn't go well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
mwuhthuh fuckuh :mad:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm pretty old so I'll share that the #1 way for me and my friends to gently caress ourselves up was by imitating Evil Knievel with our bicycles, for he was our hero. Had cell phones and Tik Tok/You Tube existed back then we might have made some money now that I think about it. Nobody went to the ER as far as I recall but usually things didn't go well.

I remember building a 'ramp' by placing a big wooden square on a small crate, totally un-stabilized. I decided to ramp off of it while wearing flip flops and none of these decisions were good.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh yes, so many rickety ramps we approached at speed, head down, pedals flying while all the other kids looked on. I can’t believe nobody lost any teeth.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
How does any of this fit into Nissan's triple safety philosophy?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Oh yes, so many rickety ramps we approached at speed, head down, pedals flying while all the other kids looked on. I can’t believe nobody lost any teeth.

I did, but it wasn't from any of the lovely ramps I built. A pothole in a school parking lot did me in. Face first into the asphalt.

A ramp might have actually saved me.

whaadaya gonna do?

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
I'll build a ramp up to your rear end, drive a Lionel up in there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MrMojok posted:

All placing a thin plank of wood on the edge of a fence, assuming that we all had the skill, balance and fine motor control needed to easily move straight up the center on our cheap rear end BMXs :hmmyes:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

CoffeeBoofer posted:

:golfclap:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CoffeeBoofer posted:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

one time my friends decided to have a bike jousting match with their heads. the one not wearing a helmet lost and we had to call his mom, who i distinctly remember having a reaction of "i'm so glad you're alive you stupid loving dumbass" that there must be a german word for

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bike injuries eh? I had a circular driveway growing up. Me and a friend once took turns riding around it in circles as fast as we could while the other tried to javelin a tomato stake into the spokes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: absolutely incredible looking back and trying to figure out the mindset that lead to not only somebody suggesting it but to somebody else accepting it.

The mindset was,"This will be so loving cool." :ssh:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

We did a ton of jumps off ramps with a bike some dipshit gave to us so he could have sex with our Puerto Rican neighbor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I liked that guy, her old boyfriend would just kick our asses :smith:

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8fccpVHZ8

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
in a show filled with tacky houses, phil's is still the tackiest

whats even going on with the castle battlement theme, looks like a lego set

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

thank you thread for reminding me why I didn’t find the arrow scene unrealistic and instead just thought “kids are so stupid”.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
When I was 9 or 10 a bunch of us neighborhood kids would race skateboards down a hill on our stomachs, sometimes facing backwards. The "race" would end if one of us wiped out along the way, ran into a parked car, or hit the curb at the bottom of the hill, where the street curved, and rolled into the yard. This was the late 80s so you best know there were zero helmets or pads involved.

When I was 12 or so I shot myself in the chest with a lead pellet from a BB gun, using a couple snow boots strapped to my chest as a "bulletproof vest". That one hurt a bit.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

You people yap worse than six barbers.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 8, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

thank you thread for reminding me why I didn’t find the arrow scene unrealistic and instead just thought “kids are so stupid”.

You go from shooting at the target, to trying to shoot as high as you can and hit the target laid on the ground, to failing to hit the target so much that you tell your younger brother to go pick it up and try to catch the arrow.

Makes all the sense in the world

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

"We got stockbroker licenses. I went to Pace College!"

I watched Full Leather Jacket last night and this line (by Matt Bevilaqua) struck me as really funny.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I'm holding his hand, and all of a sudden the machines go bullshit.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So I'm holding his hand, and all of a sudden the machines go bullshit.

wait, he doesn't say "apeshit"? :stare:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And Nelson Mandela was white.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ulvir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrlEdgh7JA

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And Nelson Mandela was white.

There's no stigmata against that these days

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

maddon', he looks terrible

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

ulvir posted:

He totally says the machine goes bullshit. Paulie says weird poo poo.

The Skip seein a psychiatrist, how’s that sit with your rear end?

I usually do sit with my rear end. Why don’t you sit with yours.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
oof madone he posts terrible

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/gratefulkeg/status/1768270875130835027?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Give me 1000 Pokeyman cards

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*holds up one bobblehead*

“T. What if this didn’t go back. That be a problem?”

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Sliding Doors?

gently caress no... Seven

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Re-watched The Man Who Wasn't There, one of the lesser known but still awesome Coen Brothers movies, and if anyone wants to see Gandolfini crushing it in a non-Tony role, go check it out.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Marty, Kundun ... I liked it.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Re-watched The Man Who Wasn't There, one of the lesser known but still awesome Coen Brothers movies, and if anyone wants to see Gandolfini crushing it in a non-Tony role, go check it out.

that movie owned. he’s also great in In the loop

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is he bad in anything? I've never seen a performance of his I haven't liked. Even in schlock like 8mm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Is he bad in anything? I've never seen a performance of his I haven't liked. Even in schlock like 8mm

That's a good question.

Same for Michael Imperioli and Edie Falco for that matter. They always seem to deliver.

I can't recall seeing James in anything where he was bad, no, but he wasn't really in a ton of poo poo either.