Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
While I think it was ultimately for the better that Bobby grew into a more well-rounded character from his early days doofus in a fat suit characterization, I kinda miss the way Schirrupa played him so earnestly while being such a silly fool in his early appearance.

I recently finished a rewatch (which was really the first time I watched in the original language and properly paying attention) of The Sopranos and man, what a loving show.

I have some morbid curiosity for The Many Saints of Newark but I think I'm just gonna give that a skip and not sour my impression of the show with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The mundanity of funerals in The Sopranos is so good, both because of how it's used for comedic effect, and also because, frankly, it's a lot closer to the experience I've had with funerals than any other TV show has managed.

That time Tony and Carmela take a break from Christopher's funeral to go to the funeral of Paulie's mom and he gets *so mad* almost nobody showed for her... what a good show.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ruddiger posted:

I wonder if Tony or any of the crew knew that tomatoes and peppers weren’t native to Italian cuisine and only introduced after the Spanish brought them back from Mexico.

All the more reason for Christopher Columbus to be a hero in this house END OF STORY

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It will never fail to weird me out how Edie Falco always looks so much younger to me than Carmela does.

I feel like it's a mix of different hairstyle/clothing choices and the fact that she isn't embodying a character who's constantly disillusioned with life and instead... you know, just behaves like herself.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
If Tony had just liked his jacket, everything would have been fine......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

New York: Come play here, Lebron, we'll insinuate that you pal around with mobsters!

But enough about the Trump segment, let's talk about the Gandolfini one.