Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe his role'll just be at the end or in some sort of framing story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Honestly like half of my love for Pine Barrens is just that one exchange where the phone connection is bad and Paulie tells Chris that the guy is an interior decorator. I'm guaranteed to laugh my rear end off at that scene no matter how many times I see it.

I think it's even funnier robbed of context on Youtube where Tony and Paulie come off like they're in completely different genres

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Am I suppised to be able to recognize the guy above Melfi and Tony? Is that Ralphie?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Something else that I picked up on in your review but never noticed myself was Tony's promise to visit Green Grove and Livia's home for Paulie. Do you think killing Ralphie was, in some part, a way to escape that obligation?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not a huge fan of every anti Gay character in film/tv being someone who is secretly Gay or has done Gay things themselves. It feels lazy after a while to make every character be that way.

Can't it just be that Phil is a raging bigot who has deep seated fears of his masculinity and dignity being questioned by others? To me that ties back into his whole character arc of being scared of humiliation. He ends up starting the war in the end because he's tired of feeling disrespected. And he gladly eats a prison charge of 20 (fuckin) years because it's the "manly" thing to do.

That's a good reading of Phil's character, especially since I saw him as a weak threat after Tony effortlessly ran him off the road and beat him up in S5

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ralph Hurley posted:

The way Janice uses her speech at the memorial to talk about Livia being the reason she became a Video Artist as if that’s something she’s well known for is especially irritating.

I'm making a documentary. The World War II generation and their music, as exemplified by Ma.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, I had been told that the Patsy/Philly plotline was one of the long-running threads conclusively leading up to Members Only murdering Tony at Holsten's, this doesn't really gel with what I'm reading here

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

indiscriminately posted:

Should have just given us a webisode of those two scenes.

Ya supposed to push Webistics!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
CGI Tony will be played by CGI Mark Hamill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
People are crackheads Mad Men's finale owned and they managed to give pretty much every member of the ensemble a good sendoff