Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

"Fat gently caress? You should try looking in the mirror some time you insensitive cocksucker!" The way he went from a constant target of Tony's abuse to his inner circle, even underboss, was an interesting character transition. Given the kind of guy he is, would he even have been in the mafia without his old man's influence? There were scenes where he showed his dark side (Like threatening the union rep in the bar), but he had a big heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

One of the funniest moments in Season 3 that always had me in stitches is the Paulie/Ralphie sit down at the pier with the coffee shop. Tony barely keeping his poo poo together and Ralphie antagonizing the poo poo out of Paulie. "I can be late today but you'll be stupid forever. "I don't believe this!" "Why not? Last year you believed there was a flying saucer over East Rotherford!" Joey Pants is great.

Grindcore ASMR fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 14, 2019

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

The way Silvio pragmatically says "He has his own process" after Christopher asks what the next step is with Massarone was great too.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Does anyone else feel like Tony is presented as more sympathetic in the first season? At least compared to guys like Mikey Palmice and the pedophile soccer coach. Or little moments where he gives his share of the money he got from the sit-down he engineers with Uncle Junior, Johnny Sac, and Hesh. Also because of the way his panic attacks are framed and we get to know his history and guilt that comes about from his lifestyle sometimes.

In the second season he became much more angry and arrogant from the stress, and I think he seems like more of a piece of poo poo overall because his behavior gets more and more out of control as the series goes on. Is this just because he's the protagonist and he was framed as more sympathetic compared to his adversaries, or was he always the same and we just got to know him better?

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Gandolfini also had a pretty good role as Bear in Get Shorty. That's the first time I remember seeing him before Sopranos.