Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

codo27 posted:

Well this is the best thing I've seen in a while

https://twitter.com/timeimmemorial_/status/1367175266070638599

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

doing another rewatch of this, and one thing that really surprises me is how early some of the poo poo happens in this show, like Christopher doing heroin, Richie Aprile smashing Beansie with the car, etc

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

even if she is one of the most vicious persons on the show, I still can’t help but chuckle at the “Oh I have plenty of shame. Believe me. You don’t wanna know what I’m ashamed of” snipe

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

but he's an actual child at that point, so there's no reason he should've thought twice about it or assume he told her a massive secret

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Jean-Philippe, qu'est-ce que c'est? WhatsApp broken?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it’s a retirement community

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

to see how well AJ’s actor could act, you really only ever need to compare his scenes at his youngest with scenes from other kids who gets more than like one line in total in the show. the kids are mostly pretty convincing for the most part, but AJ stands out, and not just because it’s a bigger role

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I really love when either Carmela’s mother, or her friends, are trying to show how much more cultured they are than the rest of NJ, and raves about the recipe for ossobuco they got from a vacation, as if a pot stew is something that’ll set them apart

ulvir fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 1, 2021

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

abuse breeds abuse, he did surprisingly well as a father, considering his entire family(with the possible exception of Barbara)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I still can’t help finding Tony getting a panic attack triggered by a jar of Uncle Ben’s funny :(

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

he definitely ranks up there with Richie Aprile and Ralph

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

he was a saint

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/moltisantithots/status/1382437253025124353

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

codo27 posted:

If you got your own judgemental white bread wife at home, maybe you wanna gently caress around with someone who's a little crazy and not afraid to color outside the lines

:goonsay:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I think I posted this before, but my only issue with Blundetto is that his turn from working straight to wanting the mob life again was a bit rushed. even just one more episode might’ve fleshed it out in a more satisfying way

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lol someone i’m following online is watching sopranos for the very first time, and they just shared their “oh wow Tony is actually insanely racist, not just a little bit” and I instinctively knew they’ve reached the uncle ben’s scene

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

stev posted:

I hate every character in the Sopranos. :shrug: That's sort of the point.

the old psychiatrist that outright tells Carmella to get the hell out is a good person, though

"so you say I need to set more boundaries and respect myself more in the marriage?" - ":cripes: what the hell did I just tell you?"

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

artie bucco's exaggerated gesturing is always super funny

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i love paul dano nerding out over art and vinyl

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

What's the scene where he brings his hands up to his sides and flaps them like tiny wings? I always get a kick out of that one.

this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrgm0i2uU2U&t=13s

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

you got a bee on your hat

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

there’s comments that unironically praises Tony in a clip from when he intimidates one guest into taking his cap off in a restaurant. there’s absolutely people around that miss the point on multiple occasions with these shows

i’m also reminded of how goons used to live-post Breaking Bad back in the day.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Vichan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7YzBE5zAo

This one?

Of course they completely misinterpret it going by the title.

jesus christ

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Melfi is as good a therapist as Monsignor Jughead is a priest.

it's a great little detail to show how he's right back with the same bullshit with Rosalie not long after he shamefully drags himself out after being called out by Carmella

apropos showing a will to change

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

there's even an episode that shows that explicitly, when she tells him to write stuff down until next session, and he just blows it off afterwards, with that smugly picking at his shoe-thing.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The spring in Tony's step as he walked cheerfully down the street after DESTROYING Janice's peace of mind.... my God.

is that the episode where “I’m not like anybody else” is played into the credits?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gently caress, why do I suddenly want to rewatch this show for like the millionth time again

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

last time I watched it was before we got a mortgage and moved into our current flat….

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

here we go. here comes the prozac

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i’ve started my millionth rewatch, and for some reason the fact that the waitress in the restaurant in ep 1 is Adriana was completely lost on me

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

“so what, no loving ziti now!?” is still a top 10 quote.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

juxtaposed by ralph laughing his rear end off through the window. pretty harrowing scene overall

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

... He died. :confused:

no, he was gay

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

where did Paulie’s two-fingered pointing come from?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

neat

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’ve mentioned before that I used to live like three blocks from him and he was basically Paulie but friendly. I’m obviously in my thirties but I’d still get a “Hey, how you doin’ kid” when I’d see him getting his coffee, bagel, and New York Post at the place up the corner.

lol that owns

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the fact that janice actually falls for loving richie aprile and ralph cifaretto is proof alone that their upbringing was deeply flawed. wouldn't even need the flashback scenes to the 60s to piece that together.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I guess ralph was at least able to come off as charismatic if he wanted to, but aprile was just non-stop projecting "absolute psychopath" at all times

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

carmella had got him clocked even in the pilot episode. too bad she’s so addicted to the nouveau riche-lifestyle

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Kemper Boyd posted:

Noah would have punched Tony, given Tony a split lip, Tony would have stood around confused, Carmela would have yelled, Meadow would have yelled, Noah would have left the Sopranos house in a huff.

Later Tony would have beaten up some unrelated guy at Bada Bing or over the course of business for some minor provocation.

and still gotten a panic attack from a box of uncle ben's