Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

You've seen that Pepsi logo thing right

the pepsi planet will have a gravitational pull on customers towards the product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't really see it, but it's a pretty needless logo change all the same

Farm Frenzy posted:

has anyone written anything about why all these platforms change their entire aesthetics every two years now for some reason
today's economic growth is based entirely on ultra-wealthy entities sloshing their money around with each other, and this gives consulting firms (one of which was probably hired to make this logo) a way to get a piece of the action

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i say swears online posted:

it's busywork justified by managers who want job security commensurate with clout

managers and executives are trash worse than garbage

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

get that OUT of my face posted:

today's economic growth is based entirely on ultra-wealthy entities sloshing their money around with each other, and this gives consulting firms (one of which was probably hired to make this logo) a way to get a piece of the action

It was agency called Pentagram, they're considered one of the top design studios in the world, and they're basically in the "if you have to ask you can't afford it" tier.

E: https://www.pentagram.com/work/slack

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kobayashi posted:

It was agency called Pentagram, they're considered one of the top design studios in the world, and they're basically in the "if you have to ask you can't afford it" tier.

some of those are insultingly bad lmao

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kobayashi posted:

And they still managed to come up with a swastika made of dicks.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Liquid Communism posted:

And they still managed to come up with a swastika made of dicks.

it is only in these conditions that a logo like this could be made

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh agreed 100%, it's a total joke and a huge waste of money

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kobayashi posted:

Oh agreed 100%, it's a total joke and a huge waste of money

I think of like five or six ways this logo change could actually make them money... like there's probably huge accounts that they couldn't bag with their old logo that they can now that they've sacrificed money to pentagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
I dont think they meant it to be a swastika. Even if it looks like one. That was a nazi thing so people dont like them much anymore