Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
if an idiot (me,) can turn your logo into a nazi symbol with just the rotate tool, you may want to rethink the design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

if an idiot (me,) can turn your logo into a nazi symbol with just the rotate tool, you may want to rethink the design

I was thinking about doing this with your avatar but... :effort:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

tech.jpg

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
If you want a vision of the future, imagine four dicks spurting in the cardinal directions - forever

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

ugh i hate these angular momentum questions

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

not quite enough for a bouquet

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

lots of logos have rotational symmetry, but only some of them look like dicks

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The new rubber duck orgy logo still makes me giggle each time I spot it on my phone

I think I like it now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

lots of logos have rotational symmetry, but only some of them look like dicks

dicks are (approximately) rotationally symmetric and if you add the balls, (approximately) bilateral

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Silver Alicorn posted:

just like dee snider argued at the pmrc senate hearing, people who find swastikas in everything are always thinking about swastikas

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i dont like looking at it. my monitor is on

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Scott Baio Nudes posted:

i dont like looking at it. my monitor is on

turn it off

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it’s still bad

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
they changed it again

still rubber duckies eating rear end, but on a white background instead of that dank purp

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Helianthus Annuus posted:

they changed it again

still rubber duckies eating rear end, but on a white background instead of that dank purp

yeah what the flying gently caress now it looks like one of the google apps on ios

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
remember ScreenHero? it came out in like 2013, and it was legit. you could easily do pair programming in a screen share, and it was free.

until 2015 when they got bought out by slack. they shut down screen hero and integrated it into slack as a paid feature.

well now they're saying its just too dang hard to support

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/360022908874-Removal-of-remote-screen-control-in-Slack-calls

quote:

Removal of remote screen control in Slack Calls

As we prepare to launch a faster, more reliable Slack calls experience, we’ll be removing the ability to share control of your screen during a call in early July. Calls will still include screen sharing and the drawing tool.

There are a number of free and paid services offering remote screen control that are compatible with Slack. You can connect them to your workspace using their apps in the Slack App Directory.

How we came to our decision
Even though this functionality is used by some avid customers, remote screen control is only used on a fraction of Slack calls.

* It’s a complex feature that requires significant overhead to maintain.
* Removing this feature has freed up time to build a new calls experience that’s faster and more reliable. It’ll be released as we turn remote screen control off.
* We’re now able to work on new features for Slack calls, like an easier way to share emojis or short messages while on a call. We’ll continue to add new functionality, like the ability for hosts to draw while screen sharing, or the ability to share a single window rather than your whole desktop.

Ultimately, we decided to shift the focus of our calls strategy to support basics of audio, video, and screen sharing — and point to our partners for more advanced functionality. In addition to improving the basic features of Slack calls, we are investing in deeper integrations with calls providers like Zoom. You can read more about our partnership with Zoom on the Slack blog.

laughing about the silly clown features they propose to work on instead

anyway, they go on to say you can use zoom.us instead if you want lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

remember ScreenHero? it came out in like 2013, and it was legit. you could easily do pair programming in a screen share, and it was free.

until 2015 when they got bought out by slack. they shut down screen hero and integrated it into slack as a paid feature.

well now they're saying its just too dang hard to support

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/360022908874-Removal-of-remote-screen-control-in-Slack-calls

laughing about the silly clown features they propose to work on instead

why the gently caress would you want this in your chat

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

I was thinking about doing this with your avatar but... :effort:

any image composed with a symmetrical 4x4 grid can be turned into a nazi symbol, either through negative space or use (and reuse) of textures within the image

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

obstipator posted:

it reminds me more of the swastica on lots of buddha statues rather than the reversed bad nazi one. says a lot about you guys that you want it to be a symbol of hate rather than the one that it looks more like that symbolizes wellbeing...

smdh @ kids these days

it’s almost as if the nazis ruined it forever

like the name adolf itself. it may have been a nice name, but hitler kind of ruined it forever and you can’t name a child adolf but say “no, the nice name it was before hitler”

it’s gone forever. accept this. ironically buddhists would but you won’t

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i guess thread autoarchive broke again

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

i guess thread autoarchive broke again

i bet no one has touched that code in years. along with the search archiver

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

i bet no one has touched that code in years. along with the search archiver

zdr fixed it last year

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Captain Foo posted:

why the gently caress would you want this in your chat

screenhero was good as hell and incredibly useful for working on a remote team

so, like, it's no wonder that slack, a company that makes chat software but refuses to allow anyone to work remotely, would misunderstand and destroy it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

thanks for bumping this thread so i could have another giggle at the four rubber ducks eating rear end

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

swasticock

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Epic cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

turns out zoom actually works better than the slack thing ever did