Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This is really cool looking, On the one hand I really want to play this for myself and try and figure out the mystery ahead of the vids, but on the other I'm a cheap bastard and $20 for a one time experience sours me just a little bit.

Though I will say that the still screens don't do the graphics justice, which was part of my reluctance initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I did end up buying it, and it's worth it. Very satisfying as those confirmation messages pop up. I just passed 21 people identified mark, so now comes the real detective work.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

If there's one thing I would criticise the game for it's the ID of the tattoo guy - maybe it's just me but the tattoos aren't really that strong a signifier of what the game expects you to get from them. More than that, though, there's another crewman that disappears in The Doom that has far more obvious cultural signifiers but his face is still blurred at this point, and won't unblur until we see some other scenes which show the same information between both him and the tattoos. It's just a bit inconsistent to me.

If the tattooed guy you are referring to is the same one I'm thinking of they do give you a direct way of id'ing him.

If that's too spoilery I can remove it, but once you see that, wow does it open up a ton of solutions.

Also on the Nationality front, it's less important that you know how these people sound, since most don't talk anyway, but knowing some cultural things can shed some light on who these people are. Also kind of useful if you know a little about the sailing history of those countries from around this time.

Removed spoiler

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 28, 2019

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I do hope that Matt has the same reaction to one of the reveals that I did.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Matt's reaction to the crab beasts was much more subdued than my own. I was OK with a Kraken, but seeing some hell crab actually gave me pause.