Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

I never considered the monster as the culprit in this particular vignette, nor did I even imagine that the developer could have weighed the various possible moral choices one could apply to a situation like this and included that particular one - I simply (and implicitly, definitely not self-aware-ly) applied a mindless causalistic brand of reasoning to it all, "that guy lit the fuse ergo he was the ultimate cause of death regardless of any other context, that's what the game wants in this drop down menu".

I will now proceed to be ashamed of such a simplistic choice. But gently caress all o'y'all, you'd have thought the same thing, even if (especially if) you demonstrably did not.

It doesn't really fundamentally matter unfortunately other than getting a correct result.

I'd love a sequel or just another game in this system but with more consequential choices for determining causes of death. There is one special case in this game and I hope you get to it though. It's related to a certain achievement. It involves the Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU