Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah but this was legitimately great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

They made a 2nd SLC Punk

Lol really?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

There is exactly as little reason to see this Newmanless, Redfordless piece of poo poo as you would expect

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

skasion posted:

There is exactly as little reason to see this Newmanless, Redfordless piece of poo poo as you would expect

Jackie Gleason deserves better :negative:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
There's a Little Rascals 2

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

General Dog posted:

This probably describes 80% of the movies ITT

Yeah I know most of the hellraiser movies are just random spec scripts that the studio just randomly threw pinhead into because they had the rights. Some of them he just shows up at the end as a deus ex machina to tell the main character they were in hell the whole time.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

That's right, everyone's favorite murdering snowman got a sequel! I remember renting this from Hollywood video.

Too bad they scrapped a 3rd movie since the sheriff died IRL.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

That's right, everyone's favorite murdering snowman got a sequel! I remember renting this from Hollywood video.

Too bad they scrapped a 3rd movie since the sheriff died IRL.

I wish Vinegar Syndrome would restore this one too so I can have both in glorious 1080p

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I only recently found out that they made a third RoboCop movie.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Is that still the same actor who played the guy who isn't Kevin Bacon from Tremors, in Tremors the Series?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
fun fact the most recent tremors sequel came out LAST YEAR

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bonzo posted:

American Psycho 2 with Mila Kunis for some reason
that's another one of those literally not a sequel, instead it's "we have a generic bad film, also the rights to use another film's name" kinda thing

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bonzo posted:

American Psycho 2 with Mila Kunis for some reason

I think Shatner was in that too

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Coolness Averted posted:

that's another one of those literally not a sequel, instead it's "we have a generic bad film, also the rights to use another film's name" kinda thing

Even weirder: it was produced as a pilot episode for a TV series that never got picked up. So someone had the idea to put it out to market as a DTV movie.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

When are they gonna make a Deerhunter sequel?????

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I saw it on TV the other day and heck, I kinda liked it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

The director was blacklisted from Hollywood or something so he crowdfunded the sequel. It has all the shine of a crowdfunded direct to streaming movie.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I see your post and raise you:

Psycho 3

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Agrinja posted:

I only recently found out that they made a third RoboCop movie.

That's the one where he commandeers a pimp-mobile, fights a cyborg ninja, and flies! Robocop 2 and especially 3 became the brainless popcorn flicks most people vaguely remember robocop as, but they still had some genuinely enjoyable and silly moments.

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene

Sid Vicious posted:

Yeah but this was legitimately great

Yeah. Surprisingly it was really good.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Psycho 2 is really good.

As for the OP, I believe nobody will remember Terminator Salvation existed in a few years time.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
The Whole Nine Yards had a sequel.

I haven't seen it. I've heard it's not very good. Comparing it to the prequel is supposed to be like comparing "Analyze This" to "Analyze That".

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I forgot that Pet Sematary 2 was a thing and owns in its own right

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Valko posted:

The Whole Nine Yards had a sequel.

I haven't seen it. I've heard it's not very good. Comparing it to the prequel is supposed to be like comparing "Analyze This" to "Analyze That".

Why does Bruce Willis look like he has cancer.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JebanyPedal posted:

Why does Bruce Willis look like he has cancer.

Spoiler alert!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Yeah it just came out a couple years ago and its about like heroin bob knocked up that goth chick and his son is an emo i am not making this up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Jackie Gleason deserves better :negative:

smokey and the bandit 3

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nooner posted:

Yeah it just came out a couple years ago and its about like heroin bob knocked up that goth chick and his son is an emo i am not making this up

Wow I'm really glad I decided to not ever watch that lmao SLC Punks is like my favorite movie ever

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The spiritual sequel Lillard directed Fat Kid Rules the World was pretty good though

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
The child from Home Alone 2 is actually, surprisingly, also the child from the original Home Alone film

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

not film, but little known fact: Diagnosis: Murder was a spin-off of Jake and the FATMAN

That's some true poo poo google that poo poo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, like others have said, there's like, 4 or 5 movies about Ralphie and his family from A Christmas Story. I believe the one pictured in the OP even has Bob Clarke still involved.

Regarding Easy Rider, there's also an unofficial sequel, The Marlboro man and Harley Davidson, where the main characters are very obviously supposed to be the main ones from E.R. and instead they're middle aged 80s boomers going on a journey to find out why America is so over-commercialized now. Yes, really.

Hell Comes To Frogtown has like, 5 sequels, each lower budget and more insane than the last, yet still made by the same guy. Donald G Jackson was a...special kind of filmmaker.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
I was channel surfing when I came across this tonight

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kak posted:

I was channel surfing when I came on this tonight

Cast owns, too bad it blows.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Lers see, theres the American Psycho sequel starring Mila Kunis, and as for the Starship Troopers sequel, that's kind of a stretch, isn't it?

Would any film by a particular director count towards being a sequel? If so, then Michael Moore basically has this in the bag.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, like others have said, there's like, 4 or 5 movies about Ralphie and his family from A Christmas Story. I believe the one pictured in the OP even has Bob Clarke still involved.

Regarding Easy Rider, there's also an unofficial sequel, The Marlboro man and Harley Davidson, where the main characters are very obviously supposed to be the main ones from E.R. and instead they're middle aged 80s boomers going on a journey to find out why America is so over-commercialized now. Yes, really.

So an unironic Road Hogs? Starring Tim Allan?

Rahns
Feb 15, 2008
My ass belongs to peo

rodbeard posted:

I wouldn't call starship troopers 2 a sequel it was just a random movie that had the license slapped onto it because the studio had the rights and wanted to use them. 3 was pretty entertaining though.

2 was pretty good, yes it was more of a survival horror type of flick but 3 was just awful all the way around, especially going into that very power ranger like sequence

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Pewdiepie posted:

Is that still the same actor who played the guy who isn't Kevin Bacon from Tremors, in Tremors the Series?

Indeed! That is Michael Gross, who plays Burt Gummer in the Tremors movies and the TV show.
Here's what IMDB has to say about him:

quote:

Michael Gross was born in 1947 in Chicago, Illinois, to Virginia Ruth (Cahill), a telephone operator, and William Oscar Gross, a tool designer. He was involved with a gang for a couple of years during high school before becoming a better student. He went on to be senior class president. Received an M.F.A. from the Yale University School of Drama.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn2hSvhkkRY

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 19, 2019

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

turtlecrunch posted:

Here's what IMDB has to say about him:

hot dang that is a movie right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

turtlecrunch posted:

Indeed! That is Michael Gross, who plays Burt Gummer in the Tremors movies and the TV show.

He’s always going to be Steven Keaton to me.