Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgx3Mj9gTE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Starship Troopers 3 is a fun movie. It‘s cheap and dumb but it definitely belongs in the same hotel as Verhoeven’s, if not the same room.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Barry Pepper has an insanely weird face. Looks like Skynet’s first attempt at an infiltration unit. Kudos to him for making it as a working actor.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, like others have said, there's like, 4 or 5 movies about Ralphie and his family from A Christmas Story. I believe the one pictured in the OP even has Bob Clarke still involved.

Regarding Easy Rider, there's also an unofficial sequel, The Marlboro man and Harley Davidson, where the main characters are very obviously supposed to be the main ones from E.R. and instead they're middle aged 80s boomers going on a journey to find out why America is so over-commercialized now. Yes, really.

Hell Comes To Frogtown has like, 5 sequels, each lower budget and more insane than the last, yet still made by the same guy. Donald G Jackson was a...special kind of filmmaker.

Holy gently caress there is another person who knows that Marlboro man and Harley davidson exists? I had to QC check it at work and went in thinking holy poo poo this is the dumbest title ive ever seen thisbis gonna be horrible but then the first scene had tiddy in it so that was pretty cool getting to watch at work

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Nooner posted:

Holy gently caress there is another person who knows that Marlboro man and Harley davidson exists? I had to QC check it at work and went in thinking holy poo poo this is the dumbest title ive ever seen thisbis gonna be horrible but then the first scene had tiddy in it so that was pretty cool getting to watch at work

This is a different movie than Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfCaqIudqbE

Staying Alive, the 1983 sequel to Saturday Night Fever directed by Sylvester Stallone.
This is a pro watch if you’re into thong leotards on both men and women leaping around on a fog filled stage and John Travolta’s greased up bod.

Necro-tron
Jan 12, 2003

Here's one. Who remembers The Sword and The Sorcerer?

It was released at the height of the 1980's sword fighting fantasy craze, meant to compete with Conan, Beast Master, and all those other ridiculous films. And The Sword and the Sorcerer was utterly ridiculous: the main character had a three-bladed sword where the two external most blades could be shot like a crossbow, the entire background behind the hero has nothing to do with the plot, his motivation for his quest is a bartering form of prostitution, and the conflict of the film is resolved in the most nonsensical manner.

And it starred Lee Horsley. Lee. Horsley. LEE HORSLEY. THE MAN IS NAMED LEE HORSLEY. It wasn't good cinema, but if you wanted mindless popcorn fare it was awesome.

Anyhow, if you stayed through the end of the credits, you were promised that Horsley would return in TALES OF THE ANCIENT EMPIRE!!!!!!! And you would have waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Etc., etc. Until 2010, the promised sequel was long non-existent, beating even DNF in terms of time line. Then in 2010, the Sword and Sorcerer director somehow released Abelar: Tales of AN Ancient Empire. (Why the change in article? :iiam: )

Let me just tell you, Abelar is a religious experience of lovely cinema. I've seen Troll 2. I've seen the gazillion of MST3K hecklings. I've sat through The Room, Birdemic, et al but nothing and I mean nothing compares to Abelar. First, they dropped it being a direct sequel and focused just for it taking place in the same fictional universe. For some reason they couldn't afford a full starring role for Lee Horsley, so he only makes an appearance as an unrelated character that apparently fathered 11 billion children or some poo poo because every hero in the show is a half sibling that he sired. The show had Kevin Sorbo... doing.... things? There are multiple sections where there is simply a static green screen back drop where the actors just waltz in front and have nothing but dialogue and no action, but the green screen doesn't create any set or location. I mean, The Room at least tried to make it seem like characters were not on a sound stage, but this looks like they walked into a photo shoot at Walmart and the photographer is going to super-impose someone's bust in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then there's the fact that huge portions of the film were never filmed. They literally had still shots of story boards with narration dubbed over them: no animation or anything. But it's not like that one cut of Dune were they had the narrated illustrations for exposition purposes! Oh no: THIS IS IN THE FINALE OF THE FILM WHERE ALL THE HEROES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE KICKING rear end AND TAKING NAMES. Oh but then, out of nowhere, the story just keeps going, introducing new characters in another green screen soliloquy before abruptly ending with no real resolution to the plot detail they just expanded on after the supposed climax. Apparently, from what I read, there's supposed to be a futuristic sequel somewhere in the pipeline involving that insanity after the fact but... uhhh... yeah.

Just go watch it. It's a loving masterpiece of lovely cinema.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Necro-tron fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 20, 2019

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Agrinja posted:

I only recently found out that they made a third RoboCop movie.

What about Robocop 4???

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7647722/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Robocop 4?? Robocop 5 is where it's at. https://vimeo.com/86014703

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

A made-for-TV sequel to a ribald comedy should be a perfect formula right?

I'll see your made-for-TV sequel and raise you another made-for-TV sequel with "Too" in the title:

By all accounts, I used to love the first movie as a small kid and recently saw it again on Dish, and it still holds up as a good fantasy film with an awesome cast. I don't remember poo poo about this one at all, even though I remember seeing it when it originally aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptiDjFNaXQ

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

JediTalentAgent posted:

The remake of Fright Night got a sequel called Fright NIght 2 that apparently from the description sounds like a hybrid of the original Fright NIght, original Fright NIght 2 and something else.

Yeah, it's just bizarre; it's more of a reimagining with 'What if Gerry Dandridge was a lady vampire instead?!' as opposed to any sort of actual sequel to any of the Fright Night movies. Plus it's just terrible.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nooner posted:

Yeah it just came out a couple years ago and its about like heroin bob knocked up that goth chick and his son is an emo i am not making this up

I watched this movie. Do not watch this movie.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Hey kids, remember The Wizard of Oz, one of the most beloved movies of all time? Who was your favorite character? The Lion? He's awesome. Mine was the Scarecrow, but they're all great. Well, I rented the sequel for us to watch, yay! Gather round, family, let's--

*dorothy is strapped to a bed getting electroshock therapy* oh my god why

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Fritz Lang's 1932 film The Testament of Dr. Mabuse is a sequel to both the 1922 Dr. Mabuse: The Gambler and 1931's M. A really interesting film since it's the last one Lang made before fleeing from Germany for France (and later the United States). Mainly because the character in the title writes endless notes that are straight out of the Nazi playbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLXNS39aZs

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

ELI PORTER posted:

The child from Home Alone 2 is actually, surprisingly, also the child from the original Home Alone film

But not the same as home alone 3. Apparently there were a few more as well.

Also Blues brothers 2000. Never seen it and never will.

Is the sequel to Anchorman well known? It was never released in NZ so I've only seen references to it on the web.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Many people don't know this, but Empire Strikes Back is a Sequel to Star Wars. :smug:

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
Larry the Cable Guy seems to be Hollywood's go-to for cheap direct-to-DVD sequels

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jaguars! posted:

Is the sequel to Anchorman well known? It was never released in NZ so I've only seen references to it on the web.

Came to post this one. It's like the studio realized how bad it was and just released it on the sly so it would die. Wonder if they were just fulfilling some contractual obligation.

Edit: I was wrong. Apparently it grossed over $100 million in profit.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 21, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mr. Bones posted:

Larry the Cable Guy seems to be Hollywood's go-to for cheap direct-to-DVD sequels

I've seen neither, but I guarantee that Larry's version is better than Dwayne's.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Jaguars! posted:

But not the same as home alone 3. Apparently there were a few more as well.

Also Blues brothers 2000. Never seen it and never will.

It had some funny moments and I liked the Carell/Wiig stuff, but it was mostly meh.

BB2000 is bad though.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
atlas shrugged II where they recast the whole thing and it bombed harder

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

zenguitarman posted:

Hey kids, remember The Wizard of Oz, one of the most beloved movies of all time? Who was your favorite character?

In my head, upon reading this, I honest to God thought Tik-Tok! And then read on, and was like, oh yeah, course, you mean the poo poo original. I vastly prefer return to Oz, unironically.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

zenguitarman posted:

Hey kids, remember The Wizard of Oz, one of the most beloved movies of all time? Who was your favorite character? The Lion? He's awesome. Mine was the Scarecrow, but they're all great. Well, I rented the sequel for us to watch, yay! Gather round, family, let's--

*dorothy is strapped to a bed getting electroshock therapy* oh my god why

Dorothy in this movie was played by 90s Goth-throb Fairuza Balk, which is a fact that lingers in my brain for some reason.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SimonCat posted:

This is a different movie than Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man?

This is a loving wonderful movie. I don’t understand how more people don’t know that this exists.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I've been waiting since I was a kid. :(

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Don't really have much to say about it, other than there isn't much to say.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

!Klams posted:

In my head, upon reading this, I honest to God thought Tik-Tok! And then read on, and was like, oh yeah, course, you mean the poo poo original. I vastly prefer return to Oz, unironically.

Return to Oz is awesome because it takes the bullshit fun-hating “it was all a dream” attitude of the first movie and gives it to the psychopathic villains who want to shoot a kids brain full of electricity

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I've been waiting since I was a kid. :(

lol, just watched this on the new MST3k, and it was a really good episode. It also made me notice that the girl who plays the neighbor kid is also the girl who looks like she really needs to use the restroom in that weird etiquette video the RLM guys did recently on BotW

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's a bloodsport IV and it's not very good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YNZ1ElwD_JA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mr. Bones posted:

More like the Toot Farty

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This is a loving wonderful movie. I don’t understand how more people don’t know that this exists.

Hudson Hawk is better

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Blistex posted:

Don't really have much to say about it, other than there isn't much to say.

2010 is the weirdest movie in this category. It's a good movie. The story is good. The cast is amazing. The only real knock against it are the visuals. It has that bad 80's compositing you've seen a million times.

It's biggest problem is that it's not 2001, a loving masterpiece of cinema.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Jose Oquendo posted:

2010 is the weirdest movie in this category. It's a good movie. The story is good. The cast is amazing. The only real knock against it are the visuals. It has that bad 80's compositing you've seen a million times.

It's biggest problem is that it's not 2001, a loving masterpiece of cinema.

There's a poster in some scenes for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, which is pretty wild.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

WatermelonGun posted:

Hudson Hawk is better

I’ve never seen it, but my dad likes it.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
schindler's list 2

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kak posted:

schindler's list 2

How would a sequel ever work for this?? Does he go back and save even MORE Jews?!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Vietnamwees posted:

How would a sequel ever work for this?? Does he go back and save even MORE Jews?!

its just a grocery list this time