Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

echinopsis posted:

as much fun as I’ve had with my synth I’ve realised monophonic just doesn’t cut it for the kind of things I am looking for. gonna sell it unfortunately

but using it as a midi controller for ableton has made me realise how much I do want a controller

the vocation circuit is looking like a deece bit of kit. it’s more of a solo groove box which would be excellent as drum machine and also kids would have tons of fun, but novation products look really good and have tons of flexibility so can work as a midi controller anyway 🤔 idk what will work but it seems loving cool

for the time being using it as a controller with laptop with ableton is gonna give lots of flex but would rather go laptopless

I rarely play my electric guitars or basses because it's too much trouble to mess with the wires. Having to log into windows just to play with synth/keys hurts my spontaneity even moreso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

echinopsis posted:

theyre like 2 grand mate

but wouldnt need to "log into" windows

who logs into windows???

but lol at not playing an electric guitar coz of wires. electric guitar is the most badass of all the things

I like to pick up and play. Windows sucks, it's ugly. But that's what Ableton uses. Try an elektron?

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
All your old synths will look great on the wall keep them for decorations after you sample the best tones.