Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is a good thread yes

i use modern sounds but i write everything in renoise which is kinda like a tracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SO DEMANDING posted:

let us assume i'm a complete loving moron (this is a very safe assumption to make) and id like to make bleepbloop nerd music, but have basically gently caress all for music experience. i took piano lessons briefly when i was in, uh, 6th grade? i've pretty much forgotten all that

where in the hell do you start? maybe pick up some other instrument first because sitting down to a DAW and some VSTs or whatever feels like getting everything and the kitchen sink thrown at you at once. idk, advice?

everybody can differentiate a thing that sounds Good versus a thing that sounds Bad. the big paradigm shift that nonlinear, democratized, digital music production has brought to the table is that you no longer require both Musical Talent and Taste to write something worth listening to, but just Taste. it's harder, but definitely not impossible. i can't play drums but i can tell if the fill i programmed is garbo or fire.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i want to listen to the music in this thread but because i have a mbp i have to choose between listning to music and using an external monitor

erm, what

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
holy poo poo did they finally deal with the issue of needing to buy loving nine volt batteries for pedals finally

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

looper chat

here are two tracks that are nothing but drum breaks and me looping my 6 string bass in ableton

https://soundcloud.com/jonny290/crumbling

https://soundcloud.com/jonny290/shadow-of-moon