Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Rams 30 25.21%
Saints 28 23.53%
Bill Vinovich 22 18.49%
SCORING 39 32.77%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Not gonna lie, Saints fans complaining about a no call by a db is sustaining me right now

(even tho they right)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

crowd goes mild

Nobody gives a gently caress about the Rams, which makes it even worse

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kawalimus posted:

That said, the Saints botched the situation to begin with. They should have just run it 3 times and kicked and the Rams probably don't make it to FG range. THey just barely had enough time as it is.

The Rams had two times outs and there were two minutes left. They had more than enough time to get into FG range. Going for the first down to ice the game is the right call.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1085527386588884994
https://twitter.com/TheSaintsWire/status/1085364543092596736

Maybe it should've been us who started the petition.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Rams had two times outs and there were two minutes left. They had more than enough time to get into FG range. Going for the first down to ice the game is the right call.

They had one timeout.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so funny if the guy actually played the ball he probably gets a pick.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean if you want to blame the refs for throwing a pick I guess this is accurate

There would not have been an OT to throw a pick in. Game should have ended in regulation

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I need a bar reaction to that non DPI call.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean if you want to blame the refs for throwing a pick I guess this is accurate

people are either trolling or just so so dumb.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didn't see any DPI, personally.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

PostNouveau posted:

There would not have been an OT to throw a pick in. Game should have ended in regulation

If Mcvay had a pair? Agreed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PostNouveau posted:

A lot can change if different stuff happened. This point is rather arbitrary cut off.

Well I mean it isn’t arbitrary because y’all would benefit but still.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Like bad calls happen, if it didn’t give you a shot to respond I would be sympathetic but you still had a shot and blew it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kawalimus posted:

They had one timeout.

They had two time outs inside of two minutes. They took one to stop the clock after the Saints ran the ball and one during their own drive after they were already in fg range.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

roddy whites opi against the ravens on a mnf game like 7 years ago was worse and more meaningful

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot can change if different stuff happened. This point is rather arbitrary cut off.

poo poo can happen but if that call gets made the Saints are kicking a field goal with basically no time left on the clock. It changes a whole lot.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Saints lost and that is good

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

That point being the cutoff isn't arbitrary because the game would have ended.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kopasetic posted:

The end of the game is just an arbitrary cutoff, man. What if it ended after six quarters? Or three? What then?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Seriously. You had the coinflip win in OT of the modern NFL with Drew Brees as your QB. Irrespective of every other detail in the game, the Saints still blew it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Can't wait for the Saints to get an Iowa State-style plaque apologizing for the bad call

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Seriously. You had the coinflip win in OT of the modern NFL with Drew Brees as your QB. Irrespective of every other detail in the game, the Saints still blew it.

you seem salty af my dude

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The end of the game is just an arbitrary cutoff, man. What if it ended after six quarters? Or three? What then?

the saints are in the middle of a playoff drought

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

kopasetic posted:

"the saints deserved to lose because they maintained a lead the whole game and put themselves in a position to clinch it with seconds left on the clock" is certainly an interesting take people are settling on

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Having a lol at bitch rear end Sean Payton immediately calling the league office after the game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

kopasetic posted:

Nah it’s arbitrary, I’m sure if you want you can find a missed holding call that would have stopped the Saints cold.

In fact if we had more Rams fans they would no doubt have done that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mystic Stylez posted:

you seem salty af my dude

I'm just enjoying all the scapegoating.

Also still salty about last week.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Having a lol at bitch rear end Sean Payton immediately calling the league office after the game

thumbing through his contacts he pauses on Call Cops For Black People Grilling and moves one over for Ref Bitching

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

They blew it. But the no call was really blatant and very likely changed the outcome of the game. Those things are both true.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

have a do over game of the last 2 minutes or whatever in wednesday and i hope the saints lose again tia

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

eke out posted:

"the saints deserved to lose because they maintained a lead the whole game and put themselves in a position to clinch it with seconds left on the clock" is certainly an interesting take people are settling on

What the hell does "deserve" mean?

Crap Tastic
May 15, 2018

Oh well, I'm only out twenty bucks. I can break even with a Pats win.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They had two time outs inside of two minutes. They took one to stop the clock after the Saints ran the ball and one during their own drive after they were already in fg range.

You're right they took that timeout there I forgot. I had the one no timeout confused with one timeout. If that makes sense. But they still could have ran it down one full clock cycle and the Rams have one minute to get into FG range which they probably would not have.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eke out posted:

you're overthinking it, the saints deserved to lose because they're the saints

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They blew it. But the no call was really blatant and very likely changed the outcome of the game. Those things are both true.

yeah im not sure why it has to be one or the other. the saints should’ve had an insurmountable lead at that point but they still got hosed on the call.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

You're right they took that timeout there I forgot. I had the one no timeout confused with one timeout. If that makes sense. But they still could have ran it down one full clock cycle and the Rams have one minute to get into FG range which they probably would not have.

The Rams got to the NO 33 in 56 seconds on the last drive. They definitely could have gotten in FG range in time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
this is great and all but when are the pelicans moving to seattle?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

does utah need 2 teams

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Rams got to the NO 33 in 56 seconds on the last drive. They definitely could have gotten in FG range in time.

They had a timeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bip Roberts posted:

32 teams in the NBA