Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Rams 30 25.21%
Saints 28 23.53%
Bill Vinovich 22 18.49%
SCORING 39 32.77%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The going for it absolutely was the right call but bad luck hit, it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The only way you get to be a saint is by suffering tremendously.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Rams got to the NO 33 in 56 seconds on the last drive. They definitely could have gotten in FG range in time.

The big play on that drive was a reception down the middle of the field, a play the Rams probably don't even attempt if the Saints bleed the clock

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

You're right they took that timeout there I forgot. I had the one no timeout confused with one timeout. If that makes sense. But they still could have ran it down one full clock cycle and the Rams have one minute to get into FG range which they probably would not have.

Gonna need you to run that math again

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The good news is the Saints won't have to go to the White House and eat vending machine ham salad sandwiches.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

eke out posted:

"the saints deserved to lose because they maintained a lead the whole game and put themselves in a position to clinch it with seconds left on the clock" is certainly an interesting take people are settling on

"2 minute game plan (that got you down to the 13 yard line before you got jobbed on a rancid call that everyone including the NFL acknowledges was horseshit) was bad" is a close second

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Same ol' Saints.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The good news is the Saints won't have to go to the White House and eat vending machine ham salad sandwiches.

As if it isn't Drew Brees's wildest dream to watch videos of refugees being gassed while he and Trump toss their empty double cheeseburger wrappers on the floor

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

PostNouveau posted:

Gonna need you to run that math again

I'll bring my mathematics guy Scott Steiner in to assist!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Intruder posted:

As if it isn't Drew Brees's wildest dream to watch videos of refugees being gassed while he and Trump toss their empty double cheeseburger wrappers on the floor

he'd probably like to make the contacts considering he's going to be a republican senator from louisiana in like 6 years

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1087137228319608833

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Propaganda Bob posted:

Same ol' Saints.

piling on when it wasnt even an armor break smh

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

Don't kinkshame

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Intruder posted:

The big play on that drive was a reception down the middle of the field, a play the Rams probably don't even attempt if the Saints bleed the clock

I’m sure the playcalling would have changed, but 1:10 or so is certainly enough time to get into FG range for a good NFL offense. I don’t have any issue with being aggressive to try and pick up the first down instead of playing for the FG.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

underrated:
https://twitter.com/SethGalina/status/1087135070278696960

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

eke out posted:

he'd probably like to make the contacts considering he's going to be a republican senator from louisiana in like 6 years

No way in hell is Brees living anywhere outside of the Del Mar-La Jolla stretch in 6 years

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

As a result of bad officiating I declare the Saints co-national champs no matter what happens.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure the playcalling would have changed, but 1:10 or so is certainly enough time to get into FG range for a good NFL offense. I don’t have any issue with being aggressive to try and pick up the first down instead of playing for the FG.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just saying you can't use the drive itself as proof that it would have happened :shrug:

Hell, with Legatron you're in FG range in like 30 yards

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phil Moscowitz posted:

No way in hell is Brees living anywhere outside of the Del Mar-La Jolla stretch in 6 years

you're not wrong, i just feel it in my bones he will end up an awful politician and louisiana is the easiest way for that to happen. no need to actually live there full time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Silly Burrito posted:

As a result of bad officiating I declare the Saints co-national champs no matter what happens.

Going the Bama route seems like the correct tact.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

:hmmyes:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sean Payton deserves to lose like this every year.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

carry on then posted:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Anyone got a vid of this missed call? I fell asleep watching the game because my transformation to old man is complete.

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Anyone got a vid of this missed call? I fell asleep watching the game because my transformation to old man is complete.
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1087125452542656512

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Reckon you may see a replay or two in the coming years.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Tom pls

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

pffft that's just the refs letting them play

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Oh god we're gonna have to watch it all year just like the Diggs play

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

carry on then posted:

In the NFC Chanpionship? Worse fates, I suppose.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I think they should play it as much as they did the Minnesota Miracle during commercials.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I’m a Cardinals fan. Guess who gets to relive the Santonio catch Every. Single. Year. I feel the pain

at least we lost that game fair and square and not on a blown call from the refs

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

I think they should play it as much as they did the Minnesota Miracle during commercials.

i look forward to how unifying that video will be among the fanbase

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

skipdogg posted:

I’m a Cardinals fan. Guess who gets to relive the Santonio catch Every. Single. Year. I feel the pain

at least we lost that game fair and square and not on a blown call from the refs

wasnt tehre a block in the back on james harrisons pick six. if they call that the cardinals win. yw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

skipdogg posted:

yea I'd be way less pissed if this was just 'aw man we got out played in a miracle that sucks'. At least in time that just becomes kinda soft trivia like 'oh man I saw that game when the other guy made that amazing interception, we were so shocked' but this is just garbage that's gonna fester.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
hate! Hate! HATE! HATE HATE!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'd be way less pissed if this was just 'aw man we got out played in a miracle that sucks'. At least in time that just becomes kinda soft trivia like 'oh man I saw that game when the other guy made that amazing interception, we were so shocked' but this is just garbage that's gonna fester.

Same dude

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

But enough about Louisiana

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

sweet thursday posted:

But enough about Louisiana

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1087133823689732100