Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Welp
gently caress the Pats
gently caress the Rams?
gently caress the Refs
gently caress
View Results

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Trying to dilute your sample is also a way guys apparently cheat the test.

And yes, he'd get a ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Trying to dilute your sample is also a way guys apparently cheat the test.

And yes, he'd get a ring.

yeah I totally get that in a typical job context where you need to piss before the end of your shift, but if there's a ticking clock on your pee time it seems like it'd be easy to overhydrate

Nov 6, 2002

indigi posted:

yeah I totally get that in a typical job context where you need to piss before the end of your shift, but if there's a ticking clock on your pee time it seems like it'd be easy to overhydrate

I mean, I don't know the specifics, but I would imagine that it takes a *lot* of water to cause this dilution problem.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man yall never knew stoners that overhydrated before a drug test trying to beat it? Really?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

indigi posted:

"diluted" in this case means he drank a bunch of water beforehand, right? which, not trying to rules-gerrymander Gordon's sobriety or lack thereof, but isn't that kinda what you have to do if someone demands you piss in front of them within two hours

also, doesn't he get a ring if the Pats win? that seems like something to be happy about

When he was playing I feel he made a not-insignificant contribution to the Pats offense too. Like, him joining the team was probably instrumental in them getting a first round bye, so it's not like he did nothing to deserve it. I don't mean he completely changed the offense, but he definitely improved it.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man yall never knew stoners that overhydrated before a drug test trying to beat it? Really?

Pretty sure Von Miller was hit for a diluted sample a couple years ago too.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah dog everyone knows how drug tests work generally, but in the NFL you get a notice that you have to give a sample within like two hours or you automatically fail. accidentally pounding too much water to make sure you make the cutoff isn't out of the realm of possibility imo. like I'm sure he did it in this case but it seems like a tenuous system

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1089693112732143616

Wade rocking his dad's famous shearling coat arriving at Atlanta :3

Nov 6, 2002

indigi posted:

yeah dog everyone knows how drug tests work generally, but in the NFL you get a notice that you have to give a sample within like two hours or you automatically fail. accidentally pounding too much water to make sure you make the cutoff isn't out of the realm of possibility imo. like I'm sure he did it in this case but it seems like a tenuous system

I'm pretty sure I read that for PED testing they let players give another sample if its comes back diluted, but for drug testing you are one and done.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Nobody knew how to win Super Bowls like Bum Phillips.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm pretty sure I read that for PED testing they let players give another sample if its comes back diluted, but for drug testing you are one and done.

OK that makes a lot more sense

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The NFL kicked barstool out of media day. Sadly, they didn't arrest them for the week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Drug tests are super unreliable. You're in a precarious position if you're getting drug tested because of how loving bad they are.

That said, Josh Gordon doesn't seem to be protesting it so it seems likely he's relapsed.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

The amount of water in your urine has to be extreme to trigger the dilution alarm or whathaveyou... Like chugging ten gallons of water extreme. Generally doesn't happen on accident and is a good indication that the subject is trying to fudge their test.

Dilution can also mean actually mixing the sample with water (if you're mondo dumb) or fake piss (if you're slightly less dumb).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

The amount of water in your urine has to be extreme to trigger the dilution alarm or whathaveyou... Like chugging ten gallons of water extreme. Generally doesn't happen on accident and is a good indication that the subject is trying to fudge their test.

Dilution can also mean actually mixing the sample with water (if you're mondo dumb) or fake piss (if you're slightly less dumb).

you literally don't know what you're talking about

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i think josh gordon should try and stop doing drugs because he keeps getting suspended

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I wish everyone did drugs. Just not meth, that poo poo is the devil.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

I wish everyone did drugs. Just not meth, that poo poo is the devil.

Nancy Reagan told us all to Just Say No.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

nothing i wrote is wrong, dilution is triggered upon drinking massive amounts of water to cheat the test or by mixing an actual sample with something to dilute it.

so your argument is that Josh Gordon accidentally drank a shitload of water because he's an athlete and that's the only reason he's been sent to rehab?

sorry but that's dumb as gently caress...

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

indigi posted:

I'm not sure why you would say that; other than ten gallons of water being an exaggeration he didn't say anything wrong. It takes an unusual amount of water to pop a drug test as diluted and is a common way to try to cheat it, and people do sometimes drink literal gallons of water in a fairly short period of time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

Nancy Reagan told us all to Just Say No.

I'm a cop. You should listen to me. Do drugs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

I'm a cop. You should listen to me. Do drugs.

After the last two weeks, it may be an excellent time to start.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
meth can't be that bad if it's not schedule 1!!!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Feels Villeneuve posted:

meth can't be that bad if it's not schedule 1!!!

You can't be Schedule I if you have a currently accepted medical use. Basically the only* things on Schedule I are marijuana, psychedelics, and heroin.

*The list is of course much longer, but that's the general principle: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/cfr/1308/1308_11.htm

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ulmont posted:

You can't be Schedule I if you have a currently accepted medical use. Basically the only* things on Schedule I are marijuana, psychedelics, and heroin.

*The list is of course much longer, but that's the general principle: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/cfr/1308/1308_11.htm

Technically heroin aka diamorphine should be schedule 2 shouldn't it? Some countries use it where morphine would be used in the US.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

hobbesmaster posted:

Technically heroin aka diamorphine should be schedule 2 shouldn't it? Some countries use it where morphine would be used in the US.

Scheduling only matters in American law

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ulmont posted:

I legitimately wonder how many people in the US get legitimate Desoxyn prescriptions. It has to be like a 4 digit number.

The absolute best thing is reading the reviews for it online. Apparently people love meth!!!

https://www.drugs.com/comments/methamphetamine/desoxyn.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
There are a lot of reasons that a pro athlete might have a dilute sample on a randomly assigned piss test with no prior warning of timeframe. This is especially true given the atypical regimine of supplements and nutritional needs that athletes at the pro level might be utilizing.