Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Welp
gently caress the Pats
gently caress the Rams?
gently caress the Refs
gently caress
View Results

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

If they win, will he break out the Legal Sea Foods clam chowder at the victory party?
all of the filet o fish in the DC area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/georgepapa19/status/1087188423180312578?s=12

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003
NFL Primetime is on ESPN right now with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson....

I thought Berman/Jackson retried from ESPN?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions beat the Patriots, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably not that loving hard and the AFC should consider getting its loving poo poo together one of these years.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
They're already talking about a 200 million extension for Mahomes in 2020. I wouldn't pay ANYONE that amount, especially depending on how much signing bonus they get because one bad hit, and you're doomed.

But if any player deserves 200 million, it's Mahomes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I expected KC to go like 7-9 this season so it kicks rear end regardless. Looking forward to watching a lot of Mahomes~

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VJeff posted:

The Lions beat the Patriots, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably not that loving hard and the AFC should consider getting its loving poo poo together one of these years.

Just scramble all the divisions and pick them out of a hat.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Why is the AFC such an incompetent cesspool

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
people are going to focus on the neutral zone lineup. when what really sealed the game was the bullshit roughing call that ONLY brady would get.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

BristolSOF posted:

NFL Primetime is on ESPN right now with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson....

I thought Berman/Jackson retried from ESPN?

When the new ESPN leadership came in, they decided to bring back Berman for key events like this (some thought ESPN canned Berman for the sexpest allegations, which combined with the Smith/Hill stuff led to the ESPN has gone Liberal narrative). The new ownership is strictly "sticking to sports"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

put the bears in the super bowl you cowards

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1087195281685282817

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just like being happy literally all of the time and never feeling sad. Is that too much to ask?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

shyduck posted:

Why is the AFC such an incompetent cesspool

It's not, it just contains a generational team that has broken all the widely accepted football conventions

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/BWWings/status/1087186710612578304?s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just like being happy literally all of the time and never feeling sad. Is that too much to ask?

I sometimes wonder what it's like being a Boston fan in the 2000s. It sounds pretty sweet.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

a neat cape posted:

It's not, it just contains a generational team that has broken all the widely accepted football conventions
Fair. I'll narrow my ire down to the AFC East though

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a neat cape posted:

ah but you see the conference with the best teams is bad

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I sometimes wonder what it's like being a Boston fan in the 2000s. It sounds pretty sweet.

its real good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1087196936304840708

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Zyla posted:

see you in the gdt friend

I work on Sundays and I sure as hell am not gonna take PTO to watch two teams I hate play. I think I will have more relaxing time processing financial assistance all day.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Tom Brady won his first super bowl when I was in fifth grade.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

it's like if you have an unstoppable metabolism and just eat cake every day.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:hai:

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
I think I'm just gonna take last year's win and then this return to bullshit as a good sign that my NFL watching days are reaching their logical conclusion. What a lame super bowl. And yeah the roughing call was definitely the most egregiously stupid part of that fourth quarter.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
BTW, as a Pats fan, PLEASE no one hire Tony Romo as Defensive Coordinator. I swear, he had the script of the game.

"So Gronk is split out wide, and the Safety is up, so they're going to double him and Brady will look to Edelman for the first down crossing over the middle."

(Play goes exactly as he said)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Literally laughed out loud at this

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
there's a sound coming out of my mouth right now that's a mixture of screaming and sobbing

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I love that Brady had one of his worst games ever against a really bad defense and still won

28th best game out of 39 playoff appearances

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 21, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ammanas posted:

people are going to focus on the neutral zone lineup. when what really sealed the game was the bullshit roughing call that ONLY brady would get.

well yes. You can’t just hit touchdown Tom in the shoulder.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Kalli posted:

What a loving game.

Tom Brady just loving sticking dagger after dagger into the Chiefs defense on 3rd down.

Just oh my god what a loving game.

The Rams - Saints game was pretty okay too, but oh my god.

This is the last one.

I don't think we'll ever see this again.

Oh my god

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SirFozzie posted:

BTW, as a Pats fan, PLEASE no one hire Tony Romo as Defensive Coordinator. I swear, he had the script of the game.

"So Gronk is split out wide, and the Safety is up, so they're going to double him and Brady will look to Edelman for the first down crossing over the middle."

(Play goes exactly as he said)

That's what former players can actually see is happening on the field. I recommend following Dan loving Orlovsky on twitter who breaks down plays amazingly as well.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Look if you're looking to a footballsman to be a societal hero then have some other goddamn gauge for success. These people will all die drinking a hotdog out of a straw and getting their granddaughter's name wrong

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The most well known Boston sports radio figure Michael Felger bet against the Pats last week and literally said he’d let the part time headlines guy tie him up and ballgag him in the corner of the studio if the Pats won

So

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they can't be serious about this poo poo anymore, right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

I love that Brady had one of his worst games ever against a really bad defense and still won

That wasn't even close to a bad game? He had a bad int in the endzone, the second was off Edelman's hands, and he eviscerated the Chiefs over and over again on 3rd down.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think the Pats just converted another 3rd and long

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

GO gently caress yourself Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.