Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I have been fantastically happy with only a single Heidegger quote, about a man being born as many men and dying as only one. I felt that was a concise explanation of the reason for not rushing out and playing red dead redemption two, and instead tutoring people at school, for free, in subjects that I have an inherent understanding of. Not philosophy.

As we have said in the lodge, death is the end of earthy ambitions. What branches of the man I could still be would be pruned without my fairly late in life understanding of this. How many of my bitter leaves unturned, have never had the chance to fall to the ground, and are just still hanging there?

Is this all just the poison fruit William Blake grew for thieves, simply because of the man Heidegger died as?

I really liked your giggle worthy quote OP, probably for the same reason you inadvertently trolled. Nonsense is strung into music all the time. But then again, I look to myself for understanding of other people, and as I have been told again and again by goons, something awful or maybe even the internet in general, is not a good place for discussion in earnest.

Hasn’t Facebook or Reddit demanded we like or dislike something to create community moderation standards?
What has the goon policy been for community moderating those who are not in need of administrative punishment, if not attack the person, instead of the idea they propose in earnest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU