Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Rough start to the Oscars. The Queen covers were bad, Weisz should've won supporting actress, and it's absolutely insane that Won't You Be My Neighbor? wasn't even loving nominated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
It's also insane that Eighth Grade wasn't nominated for original screenplay.

edit: hoo boy there are a ton of winners who were not at all prepared to win

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Speech was a living nightmare

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

oneforthevine posted:

The Favourite was robbed.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

The personality cult around Ginsburg is weird and kind of sad. People pinning a whole fuckton of hopes on someone who can't really do anything because she's in the minority. I guess it's probably cool for her, at least.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther sweeping the Oscars seems like a desperate attempt by the Academy to respond to declining ratings.

"OK, what were the biggest movies this year?"

"Well, Avengers is at the top."

"That's a no."

"Well, Black Panther is second."

"...Well, I guess it'll satisfy those #OscarsSoWhite bastards. What was third?"

"Jurassic World 2."

"You gotta be loving kidding me. Next."

"Incredibles 2."

"Animated movies are going to stay in the goddamn cave they belong. Next."

"Aquaman, Venom..."

"Oh my god."

"...Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible..."

"loving FINALLY. Give them all to Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody. And give a couple to Roma, they've dumped enough truckloads of cash at my doorstep to earn it."

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm Real Dissatisfied with the Oscars this year, but I do agree that the lack of a host is a major plus.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

UGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

What the hell is this lady wearing

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

trash person posted:

I want these two hosting every year

I don't know who they are but they're terrific.

Did the dude voice the pig in Spiderman?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

This is all well and good, but when do Rob Lowe and Snow White have a live sex celebration on-stage?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

...This song is a real nothing, huh.

I like both of them but this sounds like a Top 40s hit from 1994.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

So, the only famous people who died in 2018 were Burt Reynolds, Stan Lee, and Albert Finney?

Holy hell, Hollywood got off real lucky.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Thank loving God they got SOMETHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

someone on Twitter called it "Miss Daisy Drives This Time" and it really resonated