Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched Green Book last night. It's a fine film but it has no business winning Best Picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I really do not like how Adam Lambert sang those Queen songs. His voice just doesn’t sound right.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

“God is always leaning in my direction.”

“God is good all the time.”

There are a few thousand kids in cages at the Mexico border who might disagree. :thunk:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

RBG would’ve been nice symbolically but apparently Free Solo was an amazing production effort? I haven’t seen it yet but I want to.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That Free Solo acceptance speech was a dumpster fire. What are they doing just standing up there silently like they’re chilling at a cocktail party STOP WASTING MY TIME AND GET OFF MY LAWN

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol Tom Morello’s intro for Vice was as long as the actual clip segment

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Another train wreck of an acceptance speech. How are they so bad when they’ve written everything down?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Teddybear posted:

Is Black Panther the first Marvel movie to win an oscar?
Have you heard of something called Visual Effects?

Edit: apparently this is the first MCU Oscar

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Black Panther is going to win everything except Best Picture

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol the loving director holding on that shot of the audience guy instead of the Oscar winner saying “I just want to thank my crew.”

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Roma gonna win all the big categories I guess

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Felicity Jones should’ve introduced this (she plays RBG in On the Basis of Sex)

I do not like Jennifer Hudson

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The no host format is working out well. This show is flying along, and no “Jimmy Kimmel visits a screening of a Wrinkle in Time” nonsense
Yeah the audience participation bits and what not were the worst. What is the point of wasting our time watching pizzas being handed out? Or even worse when Chris Rock’s daughter sold Girl Scout cookies

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

As Randy Jackson would say, Jennifer Hudson was a little pitchy there dawg

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I unironically like these Whiskey Cavalier ads

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I actually watch A Star Is Born? I feel like I already know everything that happens.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Roma gonna win sound mixing

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bohemian Rhapsody is strictly speaking not a good movie but sound editing and Rami Malek are okay wins

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

It is not surprising that the movie about making music won the sound awards, especially since the Live Aid concert sequence is supposed to be a stunner.

I have Rami Malek to win too and he deserves it for Mr. Robot so I'm okay with that one
They recreated the entire Live Aid performance and it’s real good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I really wanted to see the Favourite but never got around to it, it looks so good.
It’s really good and my favourite (heh) movie of the year

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Venom is terrible

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The best thing I can say about Venom is that I was an extra in 2 scenes and discovered that Tom Hardy vapes like a motherfucker between every take.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I’ve literally described BR as being disjointed with terrible editing.

What the gently caress Academy

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kacey Musgraves looking a bit Trump-like orange

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ugh Google we already saw this Scream clip ad

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dana Carvey looks old as fuuuuuuuuuck

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I thought the Lion King remake was silly but loving bell if that ad doesn’t have me hyped

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wtf I don’t remember a Spanish version of House of the Rising Sun in Roma

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paul Rudd is listed at 5’10 and Sarah Paulson at 5’6. She at most is wearing 4” heels but looked 1” taller than Rudd even though Rudd’s shoes probably have 1” heels.

Ergo, Paul Rudd is actually 5’8

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That was the last chance for First Man to win. I can now say I appear in an Oscar-sinning film. :shobon:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

asecondduck posted:

A film star lying about his height, well I never
This isn’t quite a Tom Cruise situation though. I would think Paul Rudd wouldn’t care that much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Baronash posted:

Bradley Cooper should have stuck to his guns and refused to perform this live. You’re never going to look good next to a world-class live performer.
He’s gotta support his bae

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Essentially all the bartenders I knew in DC were against 77. It wasn’t them being pressured by their employers either.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched the Live Action Shorts nominees at the National Archives yesterday. I thought Skin was good and would win but I slightly preferred Fauve.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Didn’t Dr. Shirley’s family say the movie was inaccurate after the Golden Globes?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Writing-wise Skin was the worst of them but it was very well-executed.
Yeah the final part was just super messy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp conspicuously not mentioned

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Akon signed Lady Gaga when she was 21 and her first single released at 22. How long did she really struggle? :thunk:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

John Lewis has been my Congressman for my entire adult life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Glenn Close has the most nominations without a win of any living actor.