Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

power botton posted:

bad news for you nerds, catalina also makes ublock "no longer exist"

ublock origin for safari has been dead for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hi everyone

firefox still working great over here

bless

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Last Chance posted:

ublock origin for safari has been dead for a while

until catalina you just had to click the "yes i know it could make by browser slower" button

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Lambert posted:

Bring back gopher.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hi everyone

firefox still working great over here

bless

firefox recently dropped gopher support which is not great

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

until catalina you just had to click the "yes i know it could make by browser slower" button
I know that
it’s not getting updates anymore and barely works

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

firefox recently dropped gopher support which is not great

when was the last time you used it

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Captain Foo posted:

when was the last time you used it

circa 2011 clearly

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues/745

Google posted:

Dear Developer, We routinely review items in the Chrome Web Store for compliance with our Program policies to ensure a safe and trusted experience for our users. Your Google Chrome item, "uBlock Origin development build", with ID: cgbcahbpdhpcegmbfconppldiemgcoii did not comply with our policies and was removed from the Google Chrome Web Store. Your item did not comply with the following section of our policy: An extension should have a single purpose that is clear to users. Do not create an extension that requires users to accept bundles of unrelated functionality, such as an email notifier and a news headline aggregator. If two pieces of functionality are clearly separate, they should be put into two different extensions, and users should have the ability to install and uninstall them separately. For example, an extension that provides a broad array of functionalities on the New Tab Page/ Start-up Page but also changes the default search are better delivered as separate extensions, so that users can select the services they want. For more information on the new Chrome extensions quality policy, please refer to the FAQ: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/single_purpose If you’d like to re-submit it, please modify the item so that it complies with the policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal. *Please keep in mind that after you resubmit your item, it will not be immediately published live in the store. All re-submitted items undergo a strict compliance review and will be re-published only if the item passes that review. *Important Note Repeated or egregious violations of the policies may result in your developer account being banned from the store. This may also result in the suspension of related Google services associated with your Google account. All re-submitted items will continue to be subject to the Chrome Web store program policies and terms of service. Thank you for your cooperation, Chrome Web Store Team --------------------------- Developer Terms of Service: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/terms Program Policies: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/program_policies Branding Guidelines: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/branding

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

his response to this is pretty beautiful:

quote:

I won't re-submit to try to have the dev build restored in the CWS, uBO does not "bundle unrelated functionality" as implied in the email, thus closing as wontfix.

but then followed by

quote:

Just for the sake of having tried, I submitted 1.22.5rc2, and I received the same exact answer as above.

I also sent the following reply:

quote:

There is no "bundles of unrelated functionality" in uBlock Origin.

Could you please be more specific about which part of uBlock Origin you
consider to be a "bundle"?

This was the answer:

quote:

Subject Re: Chrome Web Store: Removal notification for uBlock Origin development build

Dear Developer,

Your Google Chrome item, " uBlock Origin development build ", with ID: cgbcahbpdhpcegmbfconppldiemgcoii did not comply with our policies and was removed from the Google Chrome Web Store.

Your item did not comply with the following section of our policy:

An extension should have a single purpose that is clear to users. Do not create an extension that requires users to accept bundles of unrelated functionality, such as an email notifier and a news headline aggregator. If two pieces of functionality are clearly separate, they should be put into two different extensions, and users should have the ability to install and uninstall them separately.

For example, an extension that provides a broad array of functionalities on the New Tab Page/ Start-up Page but also changes the default search are better delivered as separate extensions, so that users can select the services they want.

For more information on the new Chrome extensions quality policy, please refer to the FAQ:

https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/single_purpose

Developer Terms of Service:

https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/terms

Program Policies:

https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/program_policies

Branding Guidelines:

https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/branding

In other words, stonewalling.

Since the next uBO release will essentially be what 1.22.5rc2 is, consider that uBO is probably coming to an end of life in the Chrome Web Store -- there is no good reason to believe uBO 1.22.5rc2 would no longer be rejected with only changing the version number to 1.23.0.

Those who still want to use uBO will have to find another browser for which uBO will still be available.

lol at anyone who was using google spyware

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

wow this is pretty brazen and consumer-hostile

i mean they are also changing the api to make useful ad blockers impossible, but that at least has the fig leaf of "performance" or some such poo poo

"extension quality" is a pretty weak fig leaf

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
chome is the new IE. stop using it unless you're an idiot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Install this for a premium web browsing experience

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nonad-block/mjdphmpknkepficogfmnfhabmlngggip

:o:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

well i guess thats that :negative:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
chrome has been a bad idea since day one

there was never a point at which a browser from an advertising firm sounded like a good idea

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dumbass web "developers" hosed up the internet forever with javascript and chome

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I’m pleading the “Shaggar is right” amendment on this one

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
firefox is the only good browser now.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

dumbass web "developers" hosed up the internet forever with javascript and chome

javascript basically gave us chrome

like the reason for chrome to exist was to run javascript really, really fast, so that the ad company could make money off of more-engaging web applications

dhtml and js were a mistake

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Google fixed it (this time) after it caused a mass panic in the Chrome reddit, apparently

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

Google fixed it (this time) after it caused a mass panic in the Chrome reddit, apparently

what does it mean for google to have "fixed it" in this case?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
It actually looks like they released Raymond Hill's final version to the Chrome Web Store at the bottom.

But as has been pointed out, it won't matter very soon.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

chredge gaining a reason to exist pretty quick

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

chome is the new IE. stop using it unless you're an idiot

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Shaggar posted:

lotta correct opinions itt

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

firefox needs to hurry up and support pinch zoom correctly (I.e. how it works in surfari)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
failfox is extremely bad. Edge is the only good browser but its being hosed up into a chome version.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:chome:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

firefox needs to hurry up and support pinch zoom correctly (I.e. how it works in surfari)

theres a hobbled version of it through this add on but its finicky depending on the os

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-touch-zoom

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

failfox is extremely bad. Edge is the only good browser but its being hosed up into a chome version.

webkit is dead to me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

theres a hobbled version of it through this add on but its finicky depending on the os

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-touch-zoom

lmao wait what? firefox doesnt support pinch zoom?? even fuckin edge supports that, right? wow.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

firefox has been making rapid progress during the last couple of years, but it's still playing catch up from the years when mozilla diverted most of their efforts to trying to build their dumb me-too phone os that went nowhere

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Outside of recently when they somehow hosed up and broke everyone's addons I've had no issue with Firefox for years.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Also, when they push ads or data mining extensions.

Why would you trust Mozzarella.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
at least with chome you know the ads and data mining are baked in, which is better somehow?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Just uncheck the box for ads and data mining in Firefox, problem solved.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

failfox is perfect for me

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

safari is the best browser yet devised by man (one man in particular) op

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Safari doesn't have real ad blocking and is always way behind on web standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lambert posted:

Safari ... is always way behind on web standards.

well loving good