Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Xaris posted:

i get why google is doing it, but uh, what does mozilla get out of it

mozilla is obsessed with copying everything chrome does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Main Paineframe posted:

ah, I see the disconnect

you missed that the update in the bug report is written in bullshit, not english. it looks a lot like English, but you have to translate it to get the real meaning. fortunately, I'm familiar with the particular dialect of bullshit used in browser bug reports when they have no intention of actually addressing the issues but want to quiet and redirect the outrage

they're saying that they're merely going to cripple and eviscerate the existing API, not remove it completely. and since they're still nailing down the details of exactly how much functionality they're going to remove, we shouldn't comment on it at all until the actual update gets pushed out

and then when it does get pushed out they’ll delete all of the feedback they got before it was released and claim they didn’t get any so it’s too late

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Chalks posted:

so did google walk back on this poo poo? all the quotes in the news seemed to be damage control "it's just a draft and we'll make sure nobody's poo poo stops working"

"it's just a draft" is a euphemism for "it's final but we're too cowardly to admit it"

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

no one used desktop safari in the first place

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Last Chance posted:

ublock origin for safari has been dead for a while

until catalina you just had to click the "yes i know it could make by browser slower" button