Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Hey there. Over the winter, I wrote and recorded my first rock album. I play and sign everything myself. In the real world I’m a composer for band and orchestra, but I’ve always wanted to do a rock album. Pandemic pushed me over the edge. It’s currently available on Spotify, Amazon music, Apple Music, and I’m selling physical CDs and vinyl through Bandcamp.

Fun fact, I also don’t use a DAW. Album ended up being quite personal. Talk a bit about mental illness, depression, impostor syndrome, etc. I also have a song about trying to get your cat to do something, so I guess it all evens out.

I’d say the sound is a mix of Panic at the Disco, Phish, Emerson Lake And Palmer, and Barenaked Ladies. The process went well enough that I’m already about three songs into whatever comes next, although this time I’m going to have some additional musicians help with guitars and vocals.

Check it out here: http://burningvalhalla.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

BandCamp Friday is coming up, and to celebrate, I'm releasing the first single from my next album. The song is called "Photograph", and I legitimately feel like it's the best thing that I have ever recorded. Hope you enjoy it.

https://jrtrimpe.bandcamp.com/track/photograph

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Nition posted:

Dude, this is my kind of thing. Very Ben Folds-like. And that piano solo is killer.
Thanks! It’s always nice to hear that another musician digs what you are doing.

Does anybody here have some thoughts on ways to get more listeners? I always see poo poo flying by about paying to get into Spotify playlists, but that always seems shady, especially with the bot market. I have no idea how to effectively market my work.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Have not listened yet, but that is some solid cover art.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I have absolutely no idea how to promote my music. As a solo artist who played every instrument in the studio, I won’t be playing anything live possibly ever, but I still very much want to get it out there.