Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could I get some eyes on some rules I'm writing to see if it's confusing to someone whose enver played the game?

In puffs, you're an observer who controls puffs. Observers get Boons permanent upgrades to there person, Puffs get items, cool thing that helps them complete objectives in the "Threadverse" When you log out, everything is redistributed to make sure no-one single player is stronger than everyone else. One person dominating a game is boring, 2 people dominating a game is a team to fight imo. I've written the Death Rules in the OP as follows:

Rules posted:

Whenever you get a new boon, you'll be given 2 copies, this is important only for the Death Redistribution Process, which is why this is said here. Every time a puff logs out, (And yes, dying forcibly logs you out.) It goes through the Death Redistribution Process, or DRP. Whenever you log out or re-log, you're asked to pass out the copies of the boons you were given to other players. After that your items are also re-distributed. These must be handed out to Puffs currently logged in, (which none of your puffs should be, because you just logged out!)

I would like to get fresh eyes on this from people who have never played my game (or people who haven't played since I started adding new mechanics,) and tell me if it's confusing, or if it's not a confusing concept, but poorly worded, if you could help me simplify it that'd be awesome.

Or just let me know if it is fine as is.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU