Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Tarsila fuckin rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

I do archaeological work there sometimes, how did you like it?

Xunantunich was really interesting and a lot bigger than I expected....especially the hill to get up to it :negative: San Ignacio was nice and the food was awesome. There sure are a lot of Mormons out there.

San Pedro was great and the water was absolutely crystal clear. Captain Morgan resort put us in a room on the ground floor that was about 15 ft from the waterline.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Accretionist posted:

Marketing, probably. Recently, it's all over the states. And 'Health Food(/Drink)' is hot right now, so...

ayyy loving lmao i'm picturing some american fatso having a heart attack from a "health drink" , I get tachycardia from the stronger mixes, 100ml of mate may contain from 29 to 90mg caffeine, there's lot of ways you can process it, a rule of thumb is the leafier, as in less stems, the stronger, and the weakest are the ones mixed with other teas, but if the marketing is being done by the health freaks I'm sure they'll gloss over stuff like this and claim it cures cancer somehow

that said, besides accelerating your metabolism like coffee it does have some extra health benefits while not being as aggressive on the stomach, but it's really not why people drink it

also, quoting the pictures again because it's unfair to wallow in page 9 forever only to miss the snipe :bang:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Reign Of Pain posted:

Xunantunich was really interesting and a lot bigger than I expected....especially the hill to get up to it :negative: San Ignacio was nice and the food was awesome. There sure are a lot of Mormons out there.

San Pedro was great and the water was absolutely crystal clear. Captain Morgan resort put us in a room on the ground floor that was about 15 ft from the waterline.

Did you hit up Cahal Pech? Thats the one in San Ignacio, its smaller but also very cool. The food in town is great, especially with some Marie Sharps!

The Cayes are great though, and its a highlight of field seasons to head out there during our three day weekend and experinece lobsterfest.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
MATE GUIDE

1. What you'll need:

-Gourd
-Thermos, full of hot water near boiling point but not quite
-Mate
-Bomba/Bombilla/Thing you use to drink mate

2. Pour the mate into the gourd

3. Hold the gourd at an angle so the mate stays in one side. This is important so that you can put the bomba in without having to dig through mate.

4.Pour some water while holding at the angle, obviously i couldn't take a picture while using both hands so here's the gourd with water already. The mate will keep absorbing water so you have to pour it till it gets saturated.

5. Shove the bomba in at the side where there's less mate because of the angling earlier.

6. Not necessary, but you can twist the bomba so it rests against the wall of mate, giving it some more stability

7. Ready for mateposting

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That owns. Going to see if I can find some later today

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Mazá galo velho

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

Did you hit up Cahal Pech? Thats the one in San Ignacio, its smaller but also very cool. The food in town is great, especially with some Marie Sharps!

The Cayes are great though, and its a highlight of field seasons to head out there during our three day weekend and experinece lobsterfest.

We were there end of March/Early April so it was out of lobster season. We had planned on going to Cahal Pech but the driver talked us into going to Xunantunich instead - farther away more money but no biggie. It really was great for us in San Ignacio because my gf is from around there so we were able to get some discounts on rooms, knew people selling weed, no waiting for a table,ect...Her cousin owns a security company on San Pedro and took us around in his car(which are rare on the island because there are soooooo many golf carts everywhere) and since he just got off work he was in his uniform and people kept looking at us like we hired our own security guard lol

e: forgot to mention the weirdest thing that happened on San Pedro....we had dinner these 2 people - Somaya Reece and Lady Luck

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 26, 2019

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Accretionist posted:

That owns. Going to see if I can find some later today

you can use a regular mug instead of a gourd if you don't wanna commit right away

the gourd absorbs water and develops the mate taste over time though, if you really like it get a gourd

also, it's bitter as all hell and most people don't really like it the first time they taste it, but if you don't have a child's taste it should be fine by the second or third time you drink it

Negrostrike posted:

Mazá galo velho

Mas tchê, é só ver o nome prA VER QUE EU SOU DO SUL, É SÓ OLHAR PRA VER QUE EU SOU DO SUL, A MINHA TERRA TEM O CÉU AZUUUL, É SÓ OLHAR E VEEEER :pcgaming:

later i'll post some of mate's history, it makes me mad that the health salesmen are probably just saying it's a health plant from south america, the exotic continent of health things

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Is that what this song is about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUO9SNCBL6U

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
There's only one "bomba" song in South America I don't know how you could think of any other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrTNupmJdA

I mean if you were alive during the 90s at all this must be chiseled into your brain

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pochoclo posted:

There's only one "bomba" song in South America I don't know how you could think of any other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrTNupmJdA

I mean if you were alive during the 90s at all this must be chiseled into your brain

:tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi7XPCqdZvU

:tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt:

edit:
Here, have some chilean rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR_mMRcQDbU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmYnRUp9hSo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li93D0AaEyo

Temaukel fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 26, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Buenos Aires or Montevideo a better vacation spot if you speak nominal spanish?

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
currently eating pinecones, it's hella nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Some pinhão up in this bitch