Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GEN CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
GEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody READ THE SIGN and LEAVE ME ALONE UNTIL THE NEXT THREAD IS DONE!!!!!!!! THIS MEANS YOU TOO, STEVE!!!!!!!!

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

ugh get out of here steve im crankin my hog

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I just realized I have absolutely no idea if the pop-up Gen-Cons (Gens-Con) were successful. This probably means they were not as successful as hoped and they are discontinuing them, or they were precisely as successful as hoped and there is no need to overhype it now that they know it will work?

It also may mean some sort of third thing

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

I just realized I have absolutely no idea if the pop-up Gen-Cons (Gens-Con) were successful. This probably means they were not as successful as hoped and they are discontinuing them, or they were precisely as successful as hoped and there is no need to overhype it now that they know it will work?

It also may mean some sort of third thing

Apparently Not:

Gen-Con.com posted:

Can’t make it to Indianapolis for Gen Con 2020?

Pop-Up Gen Con brings the convention experience to a store near you! We’ll ship exclusive demo copies of new games debuting at Gen Con to game stores across the United States (and possibly the UK and Canada), so you can play convention-released games before they hit the market!

In 2019, the pilot year of the program, we had over 40 stores participating, in 2020 we plan to double that! Gather with your local gaming community, try out hot new games before anyone else, and feel the excitement of The Best Four Days in Gaming™ — all from the comfort of your friendly local game store.

Stay tuned to this space which will be updated with information as to when Pop-Up Gen Con badge registration ($5) is available, what local stores will be participating, what Publishers and games will be part of the program, and much more! Gen Con 2020 will be held July 30-August 2, 2020.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Well that is good, it clearly did well enough that they are expanding the program, which means the number of stores potentially doing a Pop-Up Gen-Con on my route from home to Gen-Con increases! Not that anything would be happening there on the Tuesday before so why do I care

Started writing the 2020 post already; U-S-A!!!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hotel registration is this weekend, if you all weren't already aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Oh sorry Haystack, I knew we forgot to tell someone when we all pooled our money and bought the old Noodles & Company building to sleep in while at Gen-Con

Edit: Wow we really did not tell you, this is the old thread, gonna close it now

Edit one last time: OH MY GYGAX I NEVER POSTED A LINK TO THE NEW THREAD I AM AN IDIOT

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906742

THANKS KLUNGAR

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 7, 2020