Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
My goal this year was to demo and do events for games or genres I hadn’t played before. Played a lot of fun stuff but mainly my takeaway was games that were all newbies were a much more fun experience than a game w even one person who’d played it before.

It changes the whole dynamic from “let’s all feel this out” to “what does the experienced player think” which was super frustrating.

True Dungeon was v much like this where a few basically min maxed the whole group

If anything I wish there could be an option to split players up by experience before the session starts - but I guess everything is super busy already for the demo/instruction crew.

Campbell fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
True Dungeon talk - having a newbies only run/scenario would be fantastic. Of course it'd be up to the player to decide to join an open group or a newbies group.

That said, the whole thing (at least the scenario I was in) was an escape room plus shuffleboard which I kinda found pretty underwhelming but that's probably my fault for not watching more reviews or whatever. Also I was heavily encouraged to roll Barbarian by other ppl in my group since it was my first run. The cool part was I did a 44pt rage-enhanced crit (the dm guy seemed v impressed) to kill the final boss that was a dragon on a scissor lift that was in severe need of chiropractic.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Yea I was in the cheaper $59 run (opposed to $89) where we just had a roll of tokens we needed to trade amongst each other to gear up. Now I dread what the other runs would be like lol - a team of quarterbacks.