Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Agrias120 posted:

A friend and I are working on a little microsite to help people who needed recommendations during Gen Con. Right now it's just food, but maybe we'll add general Gen Con tips as well. It's nothing special, but if anyone finds it helpful it'll be worth it. My friend is a native of Indy and wanted to write up some alternative/supplemental food suggestions to what he usually reads in this thread, and I figured we might as well go the extra inch and make a site out of it. You can sort by price range, and it's organized into stuff that's walkable and stuff that's a short Uber away.

If anyone does end up finding it useful, I can post when we add new information to it leading up to Gen Con.

As long as you keep Loughmiller's off that list. While it's gotten more busy than it used to be, it's still surprisingly dead for large chunks of the day. It's our little Goon secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Double Agent posted:

I'm sure the only reason it hasn't been mentioned yet is because everyone who was involved wanted to scrub it from their memories, but NSDM was loving awful.

My biggest issue was when I specifically asked the GM for some ideas or directions on what to do and his reply was basically do whatever. He was almost offended that I would ask such a thing.

I got the impression that the other GM's weren't as big of assholes, but it has 100% soured it for me and I will do nothing but bitch about it when it's brought up.

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, what happened? I remember thinking that sounded like fun.

E: *checks watch* This was like 2012. I definitely wouldn’t bother doing it in the age of trump.

Basically we Goonrushed it thinking we'd be able to get up to some fun. Sadly the GM for the Americans was an absolute grognard. Anything that was suggested that was even slightly out of what he wanted was shot down. Highlight was the VP of the US walking out and going to the bar.

Backno fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 9, 2019

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

OB_Juan posted:

Since I'm summoned....

We used to run the Paranoia LARP at Megacon. The way we did it, we had so many people con staff asked us to run a second larp every year to justify the number of free badges we got.

One of the games we ran as our "B-LARP" was a Dr. Strangelove/Call of Cthulu game.

Imagine the War Room scene, but in addition to what was already going on, we added a bunch of Mythos stuff to the situation. Cultists, Agents, and beings of unfathomable purpose masquerading as various generals and ministers advising the President while the situation outside got worse and worse.

I've kicked around the idea of running an evening goon (or goon-adjacent) only run of this one of these years.

This needs to happen.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Yoda posted:

I will be going to GenCon for the first time this year since I recently moved to Indianapolis. I do work close by, and am debating if I should take Thur/Fri off, or just go in the evenings and Saturday. Regardless of what I choose, I hope to meet some fellow goons and lose many a games to them.

Take the days off if you can. While not as intense and Saturday, we have a lot of fun the whole time starting with the official Goon kick-off event: Shots Wednesday.

Local crew represent

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

CellBlock posted:

With the success of their kickstarter, I'd imagine they'll probably just be ticketed this year. (Then again, they may have been ticketed last year and most people still just showed up with generics.)

Goddamn I wish the manufacturing wasn't going to take so long; I want to storytell goon games of this.

I think they have some print and play stuff we could do in the mean time.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Bottom Liner posted:

This city loves loving up

The rain when they scheduled it was nuts. We have had like 4 or 5 days without rain for the first time in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
did we ever get a final shots tower pic?