Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Is Artemis even worth it now at Gencon? Seems like what few reports I heard the last two years were rather poor for the cost and time.

When I did it two years ago, they had a bunch of broken laptops on a card table without an actual scenario. They may have gotten their poo poo together, but it’s not worth the exorbitant cost to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Received word from people in a Facebook Group that it is indeed no longer worth the cost. The scenarios are well done, when they work, but the staff is apparently rude and with rising costs it becomes a question of “this or literally anything else”

The year I got to do it, after a couple of years of my friends talking it up, apparently senior leadership behind the team had exploded the week before GenCon with some existential crisis and the C-Team got rolled out just to avoid having to refund the tickets. Zero immersion in the presentation, and the scenario was the laziest implementation of the Kobiyashi Meru that you could possibly have, which we somehow broke by just flying slightly under a “impenetrable” boundary of asteroids. Worst experience in my history at GenCon by a country mile.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Skypie posted:

We didn't go last year cuz we were saving for our honeymoon, and now we are unsure if we're gonna go this year. It's possible my wife will be pregnant and she isn't gonna want to be on her feet for the weekend.

Maybe I'll just get the Sunday badge or something so I can meander the remnants of the exhibition hall.

My wife was 7.5 months pregnant one year, the convention center let her borrow/use a wheelchair so she could stay off her feet. Whether that's worth it to her is another question, but the option is there.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nothing can get as bad as that Indian place closing. First year at Gencon and I got to eat there, then never again.

Ditto :(:hf::(

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

OgreNoah posted:

I live in Ypsilanti so if you're in town this year I can show you around!

Nice! I live in the Novi area, I’ll have to check this out since I haven’t been able to get back to GenCon for a couple years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Necronomicon posted:

Hot take: Shapiro's is terrible.

We're fighting now. That Reuben is my last meal.