Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Even if the will call line looks long, it will move fast. It’s also often not as long as it seems because helpers leave the entrances to the play hall unblocked so there’s like 4 giant 30 foot gaps in the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Avenging Dentist posted:

I uh... I don't believe you. (We've gotten our tickets mailed to us the last few years after dealing with Will Call lines.)

It was shittyyyyyyy for a while but last year I got there on Thursday around noon and lined up outside around the corner and I got my badge in about 35 minutes. The line still looks bad but they’ve increased the number of people servicing guests and have runners back there helping to pull packets quicker so everything moves a little faster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good luck pitching and play testing but make time to enjoy GenCon. My friend did the same as you his first time and was so in his head about pitching and feedback that he didn’t really enjoy the con before it ended. Write everything down and worry about the feedback when you get home.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We have 5 people in the tiniest room possible lol. This is gonna be an interesting weekend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Played one round of The King’s Dilemma but it was extremely fun.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spent way more than I expected, but that's every year at GenCon, I guess.

I picked up:
Parks
Terror Below
Sabotage
Watergate
Cryptid
Legendary: James Bond
Shipwreck Arcana
Space Park
both Villainous Expansions
Obscurio
Horrified
Detective Club
DC Rebirth

I've never been much of a tabletop gamer but I went to GenCon in 2016 with a bunch of my childhood friends and had a really good time and have slowly been getting into it. This year I was probably more excited for it than I've ever been and I kicked myself out of my "only these games interest me" bubble and kind of gave myself up to the experience to play all kinds of stuff. Really loved playing King's Dilemma as well but my friend bought it so there didn't seem to be a need for me to grab it as well. Most of my stuff is on the medium side right now until I can convince more of my friends to get into the more heavy stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When I was in the will call line, the staffer said they’ve been testing them with select events but until those can run smoothly enough, they’re not going to make the big leap to everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I go every year with four or five other guys and we use tickets for demos and stuff but we just play games in the hotel together or with random people in that general area.